Solar Weather Stories

AbeH

Hello to everyone on the forum! Im making a new topic here it would be nice if this could be pinned but thats up to the admins. Anyways this topic's purpose is for anyone on here to post any stories they have about their solar experiences that they have had id love to read them so feel free to post them!

My first aurora was... hm I don't remember exactly, around 2002-2003, something like that, during october. I'm sure any admin here remember that, it is said to have been a crazy week. During this year, I have seen three auroras. They were not exactly pretty, because I live in a 700 000-folks city, so all I could see was green curtains moving, north, over the hills in which the suburbs sprawl.

I have only seen one since then, when I was on a trip north to go fishing. It was only green too, but at least it wasn't like... miles north, it was above me, or mostly above me. We were coming back from the trip, exhausted, so we didn't really stop to watch them, but I'm sure was glad. That was perhaps a hundred miles (160-ish kilometers) north of my city, in the Parc des Laurentides. You can google that if you want, you'll see it's quite the place where one would expect good stars/planets observation, but maybe still a bit too much south, below the 49th, so more south than the CA/USA border.

Slightly more north than your place, Abe. You'll have other occasions =)

My first aurora was... hm I don't remember exactly, around 2002-2003, something like that, during october. I'm sure any admin here remember that, it is said to have been a crazy week. During this year, I have seen three auroras. They were not exactly pretty, because I live in a 700 000-folks city, so all I could see was green curtains moving, north, over the hills in which the suburbs sprawl.

I have only seen one since then, when I was on a trip north to go fishing. It was only green too, but at least it wasn't like... miles north, it was above me, or mostly above me. We were coming back from the trip, exhausted, so we didn't really stop to watch them, but I'm sure was glad. That was perhaps a hundred miles (160-ish kilometers) north of my city, in the Parc des Laurentides. You can google that if you want, you'll see it's quite the place where one would expect good stars/planets observation, but maybe still a bit too much south, below the 49th, so more south than the CA/USA border.

Slightly more north than your place, Abe. You'll have other occasions =)

Indeed Im glad that I live were I do so that im able to more easily see  aurora.

Archived