AR 13711

32 minutes ago, bmthss said:

I used the mobile application "PhotoDirector: AI Photo Editor App" with the built-in "AI photo enhancement" feature. I don’t know what engine this works on, but there is less grain and the image clarity increases.

But some quality had to be lost in order to fit into 200 kb

I'm a bit skeptical about the ability of such software to really enhance what's seen, except for perhaps a few parameters, but I'd be more worried about it making unwarranted adjustments that would be more or less equivalent to "making up" parts of features that aren't really there. I don't know exactly what that particular software does, and it seems a bit vague from searching about it, so I can't say for sure though, maybe someone else who do more image editing and such would have any idea. One of the reasons I'm skeptical is that such features are typically intended for most of the photos that people take, not really for photos of the Solar surface, especially not of detailed features of it, heh.

As for the quality, note that you can upload to external image hosts and post links to those images, they'll be embedded automatically in the post, so you don't have to worry about size in that case.

31 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

I'm a bit skeptical about the ability of such software to really enhance what's seen, except for perhaps a few parameters, but I'd be more worried about it making unwarranted adjustments that would be more or less equivalent to "making up" parts of features that aren't really there. I don't know exactly what that particular software does, and it seems a bit vague from searching about it, so I can't say for sure though, maybe someone else who do more image editing and such would have any idea. One of the reasons I'm skeptical is that such features are typically intended for most of the photos that people take, not really for photos of the Solar surface, especially not of detailed features of it, heh.

As for the quality, note that you can upload to external image hosts and post links to those images, they'll be embedded automatically in the post, so you don't have to worry about size in that case.

This was my concern when commenting on the stunning Gifs posted by @Juress. However these seem to only improve contrast to highlight an eruption. Clearly we know that Active Regions aren’t producing diesel smoke eruptions. Haha   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philalethes said:

I think your arguments are valid. Such experiments in image editing can only be used for entertainment purposes, not for scientific analysis, but they still take place. And thanks for the advice about external sources, I'm a newbie and this is useful for me in the future.

• Like 3

There is no AI on my side nor data manipulation. I am just using FIJI software (which is free for those interested) and years of experience acquiring and processing microscopy fluorescence images :)

I am not changing the contrast, just how it is being visualized. Changing the contrast itself will be the next step using rawer SUVI data. ;)

• Like 1

Looks like weve just had and m1.18 from this reigon. on the western limb.... of course. 

no idea yet if it had any related Ejection 

Edit: 

Based on the SUVI images it looks like there may have been an ejection based on the movements just after, but there is no LASCO images to back this up yet

Edited by Prizma1227
Added conjecture

54 minutes ago, Prizma1227 said:

Looks like weve just had and m1.18 from this reigon. on the western limb.... of course. 

no idea yet if it had any related Ejection 

Less strong than yestderday. But CME.

https://sdowww.lmsal.com/sdomedia/ssw/media/ssw/ssw_client/data/ssw_service_240619_001214_29191/www/EDS_EruptionPatrol_20240619T055353-20240619T065353_AIA_304_XCEN910.8YCEN-102.0_ssw_cutout_20240619_055354_AIA_304__20240619_055353_m.mp4

latest.thumb.jpg.ac190d2beb6adcdddf395b6ea1e64a47.jpg

Edited by Sunlive123