AR 13711

49 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

Still small, but looks like an anti-Hale region to me. Always something to be on the lookout for.

Because "Clear melodies and harmonies from the spheres soothe the ears"? 😏

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 uren geleden, Х-ray zei:

Because "Clear melodies and harmonies from the spheres soothe the ears"? 😏

What the...? Please try to add something to the discussion if you can, or refrain from posting. It might be considered spam, we try to be a fairly serious message board as much as possible apart from maybe one specific topic. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Marcel de Bont said:

What the...? Please try to add something to the discussion if you can, or refrain from posting. It might be considered spam, we try to be a fairly serious message board as much as possible apart from maybe one specific topic. Thanks!

He's referencing a joke PB has made in the Unproven Theories thread.  It's all good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 6/11/2024 at 12:26 PM, Philalethes said:

Still small, but looks like an anti-Hale region to me. Always something to be on the lookout for.

We now have something flaring from it, rising slowly reaching into M-class.

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

2 minutes ago, mozy said:

We now have something flaring from it, rising slowly reaching into M-class.

Youre ALWAYS faster than me :D 

I wonder how it can flare in the M class range. Filament maybe? Any idea?

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Youre ALWAYS faster than me :D 

I wonder how it can flare in the M class range. Filament maybe? Any idea?

Too early to say, but do note the *always something to be on lookout for* in the thread start :D
We've seen they can flare from whatever really, but I wont expect anything bigger unless this indicates that growth may be imminent.

24 minutes ago, mozy said:

Too early to say, but do note the *always something to be on lookout for* in the thread start :D
We've seen they can flare from whatever really, but I wont expect anything bigger unless this indicates that growth may be imminent.

thank you for the explanation :) lets keep an eye on (ion lul) it then shall we? :D 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2024 at 12:26 PM, Philalethes said:

3711 is still here with corona hole above.

https://sdowww.lmsal.com/sdomedia/ssw/media/ssw/ssw_client/data/ssw_service_240616_005544_22844/www/EDS_FlareDetective-TriggerModule_20240616T054522-20240616T055346_AIA_171_XCEN422.4YCEN-192.0_ssw_cutout_20240616_054522_AIA_171__20240616_054521_m.mp4

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ester89 said:

So It seems!

Do you think this flare is eruptive?

There is some movement there, but it seems to be very minor, with everything confined close to the surface as far as I can tell.

Are you sure about the double peak? AR3712 was brighten up too. (AIA 094) 

MinYoongi explained it to me, it was no AR3712 involved ☝️ 

Edited by Ingolf
Simply was wrong

12 minutes ago, Sunlive123 said:

3711-3709 was almost sleeping and just now only c5.5 ! 

l0304.jpg.032fd1e21555a5f3a2b419465238b030.jpglatest_2048_0304.jpg.8d7e068aff2799fedadab72483e6dc61.jpg

Not bad; not a very strong flare, but a decent jet, very typical in appearance this time, with some ejecta following the field lines towards the limb.

1 hour ago, Philalethes said:

Not bad; not a very strong flare, but a decent jet, very typical in appearance this time, with some ejecta following the field lines towards the limb.

Video here !

https://sdowww.lmsal.com/sdomedia/ssw/media/ssw/ssw_client/data/ssw_service_240618_101845_46745/www/EDS_FlareDetective-TriggerModule_20240618T153010-20240618T154846_AIA_171_XCEN883.2YCEN-192.0_ssw_cutout_20240618_153010_AIA_171__20240618_153009_m.mp4

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

What kind of "AI enhancement" are you referring to here?

I used the mobile application "PhotoDirector: AI Photo Editor App" with the built-in "AI photo enhancement" feature. I don’t know what engine this works on, but there is less grain and the image clarity increases.

But some quality had to be lost in order to fit into 200 kb

Edited by bmthss