AR3639

Wolf star

1 hour ago, Wolf star said:

AR3639 looks active, producing M eruptions. It probably looks like the most promising region at the moment.

Yes. Absolutely does.  A BG for sure.  
I cannot spot a delta however it probably is in there somewhere with this much activity.  

Edited by hamateur 1953
Grammar

31 minutes ago, coinpeace said:

Anyone else notice a full halo cme out of this earlier? Marked IV, looks like it shot fairly quickly east south east

I saw something really faint but I'm not sure if it was a asymmetrical halo or north traveling CME. I was going to look at it frame by frame in a few hours.

On 4/15/2024 at 6:22 PM, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Still close to the limb for a clear view. But currently it doesn’t seem to have a delta.

Thank you. Weirdly it got a 10% X-Class chance. I sadly can’t take a look myself.

2 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Thank you. Weirdly it got a 10% X-Class chance. I sadly can’t take a look myself.

On the Solen website they have it listed as a gamma-delta with the delta on the trailing edge(left). They also have another AR listed as having a delta. I think swpc is slacking on their classifications.

59 minutes ago, Jay-B said:

On the Solen website they have it listed as a gamma-delta with the delta on the trailing edge(left). They also have another AR listed as having a delta. I think swpc is slacking on their classifications.

I think the issue is that the reports are from the preceding day. SWPC gets the descriptions and details for active regions from USAF and compiles it.

Edited by Parabolic
Spelling
  • Like 3

Also you may notice that solen ( Jan Alvestad ) sometimes classes Active Regions differently. He notes this on his site.  Just an honest difference of opinion in some cases. A different time of day as well. Things can change really quickly on the Sun too sometimes. I think swpc does two synoptic maps per day, but I’m not certain.

Edited by hamateur 1953
? On synoptic update frequency
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Also you may notice that solen ( Jan Alvestad ) sometimes classes Active Regions differently. He notes this on his site.  Just an honest difference of opinion in some cases. A different time of day as well. Things can change really quickly on the Sun too sometimes. I think swpc does two synoptic maps per day, but I’m not certain.

I think its not so much their opinion as someone just doesn't care that much because it's just a job.