C5.6 12/04/2024 CME

Dunno about that!  Anyway Christopher Shriver perhaps misunderstood my intentions above but it did get me thinking about how I discovered that easy trick.  Philalethes  Bythos I no doubt have spelled his name incorrectly  his name spelling drove me nuts. Abbreviation to PB seemed weird to me and one day I saw another member doing ampersand  trick! Viola   And I am lazy too. Haha.  Mike/Hagrid 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Viola

10 hours ago, Jesterface23 said:

The bad news, it's slow. The good news, it's slow. Any period of negative Bz will last longer that if it was faster at least

Heh, pretty sure I'd prefer wind that's twice as fast for half the time!

This storm is wreaking havoc on amateur radio bands.  I've heard a few stations today only on 17m and 20m bands.  Elsewhere poor propagation, mostly noise with low S-level readings.  SFI=192 is respectable, but G1 storm is dominating.

• Like 1

Lowest muf I have seen in two years across North American continent too.  Austin TX now shows 41 mhz though but everything else is really suppressed. 

24 minutes ago, Drax Spacex said:

This storm is wreaking havoc on amateur radio bands.  I've heard a few stations today only on 17m and 20m bands.  Elsewhere poor propagation, mostly noise with low S-level readings.  SFI=192 is respectable, but G1 storm is dominating.

Edited by hamateur 1953
Digisonde ck

8 hours ago, mozy said:

Managed to see a tiny bit, hint of a really faint band quite close with a bit stronger band further away with 1-2 pillars.

Taken with phone

Not bad! Taken with long exposure and a tripod?

Edited by Philalethes
typo