Sunspot latitudes currently april 5 2024

Why is this important?  Well, the sunspots progressively drop in latitude throughout each solar cycle. They appear and evolve very close to each side of the equator near solar maximum.  I have been taking spot checks for some time this cycle. Note: One evolving region sits on the limb presently ( N 26)   We have two N 26 btw. In eight active regions presently the average latitude has dropped from 15.11 last month to 13.875. Incidentally most of the regions are now under 12 degrees.  
I chose 13 as a conservative latitude crossing awhile back.  The next two weeks should be quite interesting for  activity, I imagine.  Btw my hopes were dashed on 3628. It is a big alpha though!    Edit. I should add this postscript:  I am no scientist, just a Ham radio enthusiast who loves Solar Activity and I  read a lot of scientific literature related to solar cycles. The latitude observations are by nature somewhat variable as is the exact date finally selected by the real scientific community after the cycles’ conclusion.  This is the first cycle I have observed with great interest and have learned more in my short time here than some 40 years back 😆. Mike

latitudes derived from swpc. 
excepting one n 24 currently on Northern incoming limb Solar soft. 
Lmsal. This will likely receive its designation soon.  Notably quite active presently.  Baseline solar flux continues to rise.  

Edited by hamateur 1953
Typos omissions. Proper credit to source material.
  • Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 uur geleden, hamateur 1953 zei:

Why is this important?  Well, the sunspots progressively drop in latitude throughout each solar cycle. They appear and evolve very close to each side of the equator near solar maximum.  I have been taking spot checks for some time this cycle. Note: One evolving region sits on the limb presently ( N 26)   We have two N 26 btw. In eight active regions presently the average latitude has dropped from 15.11 last month to 13.875. Incidentally most of the regions are now under 12 degrees.  
I chose 13 as a conservative latitude crossing awhile back.  The next two weeks should be quite interesting for  activity, I imagine.  Btw my hopes were dashed on 3628. It is a big alpha though!    Edit. I should add this postscript:  I am no scientist, just a Ham radio enthusiast who loves Solar Activity and I  read a lot of scientific literature related to solar cycles. The latitude observations are by nature somewhat variable as is the exact date finally selected by the real scientific community after the cycles’ conclusion.  This is the first cycle I have observed with great interest and have learned more in my short time here than some 40 years back 😆. Mike 

You published data from this on several other places. Not possible to list them here in 1 post? Most important ones in 1 thread..