Flare Forecasting

I think @Jesterface23 typed that incorrectly if im not mistaken. 3615?   But no biggie. I am curious if poker flats is near the old HAARP facility in Alaska. If you know of it.  At one time supposedly they tried creating aurora at approximately 100 km with a huge array of circularly polarised antennas. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
HAARP
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

It doesn’t care about our numbers anyway.  Hahaha 

Anyway the high altitude aurora research project as it was called many years ago was misunderstood by many people unfortunately.  And even thought by some to be weather control attempts even 🙄 however evidently they were supposedly successful in producing some local auroral displays.  Pretty cool imho.   Im incorrect in memory. It was/ is. High frequency active auroral research program. https://haarp.gi.alaska.edu/

@hamateur 1953 Vey interesting article they can excite an area of the ionosphere and monitor/analyse the results. Thanks for the link 😊

• Like 1

I know. I was stunned when I heard of this some twenty or so years ago!  Good to see they turned over the project to someone.  Edit.   We need the guys and gals involved in HAARP to work on lower latitudes now…😝

Edited by hamateur 1953
Silliness
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, helios said:

@DanicaShardae201
How long does it take from alert to launch?

56 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

I was wondering the same thing @helios 

This flowchart from the GitHub repo seems to indicate that there's a window of 7 minutes between the detection of flare start and launch, within which it's checked whether the flare has already ended in that time or not.

• Like 1

Really cool, thank you! I will play around with the code this weekend.

I love when things like this is shared as open source. I hope the project will be a success!

• Like 1

for anyone who is interested in the flare prediction software, they put out a small update. It's been cleaned up a bit to only reflect the data we're actually going to be using during our observation window.  I'm still working on getting a livestream of mission control and/or the launch rail. If I can manage that, I might set up a way to ping a bunch of people if there's action happening.

https://github.com/pet00184/flarepred

45 minutes ago, DanicaShardae201 said:

for anyone who is interested in the flare prediction software, they put out a small update. It's been cleaned up a bit to only reflect the data we're actually going to be using during our observation window.  I'm still working on getting a livestream of mission control and/or the launch rail. If I can manage that, I might set up a way to ping a bunch of people if there's action happening.

https://github.com/pet00184/flarepred

Cool. Thank you!  Good luck with your window of opportunity @DanicaShardae201  Mike