Next spotless day soon?

Loganas

23 minutes ago, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

NASA, STCE etcetera are playing dart. I calculate. They were wrong with the minimum… make your bets… Scott McIntosh refused to bet with me…

I don’t bet anymore Patrick. It really caused a lot of issues when I did a couple of years ago, causing Sam to finally lock the topic, the smart guys @3gMike and the rest naturally decided to keep their pistols holstered.  

Anyway Patrick, it seems to me that you already are “all in” as they say in poker. With June 2023 unless you have reconsidered at this point.  I should also add in your favour that I have seen some really fascinating orbital charts going back to 1970 and possible correlations with solar activity.  I haven’t the experience to criticize them either positively or negatively, but it was interesting to look at the stuff nonetheless. I should add that only the eight planets were diagrammed in what I was viewing. The asteroid belt and other large objects were excluded. 

Edited by hamateur 1953

3 hours ago, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

You should know that we only use the adjusted for our calculations🤪

That I agree with. 209.3 just didn't seem to have the same shock value as 210.7; after all, we're trying to appeal to emotions here!

• Haha 2

Op 30/3/2024 om 05:21, hamateur 1953 zei:

Not for a long while will we have a spotless sun. Or dip below 120 sfi or so.  Solar Soft just posted an incoming active region N 25 E 75 and at around C-8  in activity as we continue our climb towards solar maximum. Should receive its SWPC number with that longitude unless in error by lmsal.   I see enough cool stuff in 131 angstroms to be encouraged for next week.  Looks promising imho  Hagrid doesn’t have an account but if he wants his treats, he’d better agree with me.  😆

Not under 120? Mmmmm

1K SN was 63 April 1... This implies a 10.7 solar flux from 95.... It was 120... And 118.8 at 23:00🤣

Seems you will loose this bet...

On 30/3/2024 at 06:55, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

Il flusso di 10,7 diminuirà rapidamente perché il rapporto con le macchie solari ad alta risoluzione è rovinato... Sotto 120 in 3 giorni è una possibilità...

Now 119sfu and with a Lunt50, without visible Spots 😉

Op 30/3/2024 om 22:52, Sieffre Involution zei:

I see 1 spot and 1 wannabe spot lol still no region number - but can't be spotless day, I see these, and like I said before just cause stuff rotates away from us I.M.O. doesn't make them no longer spots lol.  Unless you want me to think China doesn't exist since I am in the U.S. and don't see them lol 

image.png.6019fd0940b7be989776cacc4de3d4af.png

And more activity is coming...

2024-04-0219_03_16-latest_1024_HMIIF.jpg(JPEG-afbeelding10241024pixels)-Geschaald(91).png.edc8609945b3a6d7cabb9543acbaa756.png

Edited by Luc Vandemaele
layout
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Philalethes said:

Yep, looks whatever is incoming there is going to keep us from complete spotlessness for now.

Yup definitely not spotless yet, was kind of looking forward to such an unusual occurrence. We were so close!