Just a suggestion to avoid AR confusion

hamateur 1953

There have  been a few instances of “How do we properly refer to an active region after it passes approximately 88 degrees West”   And how might an agreed upon returning region be dealt with prior to SWPC giving it life as a new AR.   How about hypothetically. AR3590 LOD.  And AR3590 LOH ?  What do you guys think?   Thanks. Mike/Hagrid.  Hopefully this doesn’t irritate SWPC too much. Haha.         LOD: LIMB OF DISAPPOINTMENT  

LOH: LIMB OF HOPE.  I believe these excellent terms originated with @MinYoongi some time back…..hopefully not copyrighted.  Ok it is probably a silly suggestion, but I am silly at times… …🤣while my open query was a serious one, I really enjoyed having clear distinctions when making references to regions on our sun.   I probably need not refer to the specific colours chosen for positive and negative polarities or what directions are west and what direction of rotational assignments  are used on the daily synoptic charts!  Ouch.  

Edited by hamateur 1953
Lod loh
  • Like 4