Sunspot region photos

Jay-B
Go to solution Solved by hamateur 1953,

Does anyone know how often the sunspot region photos are updated on this website? I want to start making gifs of interesting spots and want to know how often to check for new pictures.

• Solution
52 minutes ago, Jay-B said:

Does anyone know how often the sunspot region photos are updated on this website? I want to start making gifs of interesting spots and want to know how often to check for new pictures.

Hey @Jay-B  I have heard it stated a couple of times here that they are updated on an hourly basis.  There may be exceptions to this, but that has been my assumption.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2024 at 4:47 PM, Jay-B said:

for making gifs, etc i would recommend using JHelioviewer

On 3/7/2024 at 10:47 AM, Jay-B said:

For gifs just use JHelioviewer, it's way easier and has so many features with different data options. I recommend getting the java version and not using the website.