Region 3599

Go to solution Solved by hamateur 1953,

• Solution
4 hours ago, MeteoLatvia said:

NOAA SWPC just assigned this region AR3599. Right now just solid Alpha, but around 17:30 UTC I saw a decent flare in AIA 304, so I think worth keeping an eye on it.

Screenshot2024-03-01212017.thumb.png.9471b08576630ff24a290f2b499186ef.png

Agreed @MeteoLatvia  solar soft shows activity from this region too. This region is probably old 3576 as @Wolf star noted when he inadvertently started another topic for this region. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MeteoLatvia said:

NOAA SWPC just assigned this region AR3599. Right now just solid Alpha, but around 17:30 UTC I saw a decent flare in AIA 304, so I think worth keeping an eye on it.

Screenshot2024-03-01212017.thumb.png.9471b08576630ff24a290f2b499186ef.png

Looks like there's not much more coming from behind the limb, this region is probably on its last legs. My hopes have been extra down ever since the joke that 3590 was lol.

Also hey everyone! I've been a lurker for quite a while and finally decided to create an account.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Agreed @MeteoLatvia  solar soft shows activity from this region too. This region is probably old 3576 as @Wolf star noted when he inadvertently started another topic for this region. 

Thank you for clarifying! :) Yes, I checked and it is indeed a return of old region 3576.

I checked SDO HMI imagery and although region 3599 is not showing signs of development, there is another large, but single sunspot in relatively close proximity (green question mark). And there seem to be small spots developing below the current 3599, so this entire area is quiet interesting I think, because some sort of interaction between these may happen.

Screenshot-2024-03-02-09501311.thumb.jpg.1a6f1edc6756839d564d62342f4d61c6.jpg

• Cool 1

9 hours ago, Loganas said:

Looks like there's not much more coming from behind the limb, this region is probably on its last legs. My hopes have been extra down ever since the joke that 3590 was lol.

Also hey everyone! I've been a lurker for quite a while and finally decided to create an account.

Welcome to the forum!  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Loganas said:

Agree, unfortunately. But - I won't write it off completely before the region is gone, because we have seen many surprises lately. :D

Welcome to the forum! ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MeteoLatvia said:

Thank you for clarifying! :) Yes, I checked and it is indeed a return of old region 3576.

I checked SDO HMI imagery and although region 3599 is not showing signs of development, there is another large, but single sunspot in relatively close proximity (green question mark). And there seem to be small spots developing below the current 3599, so this entire area is quiet interesting I think, because some sort of interaction between these may happen.

It looks like the green question mark is probably the large negative polarity spot of old 3576. The red question mark is only about 24 hours old, so we'll see how that develops. What is now 3599 might have been a new development to old 3576 before it went over the western limb, so it will be interesting to see how they assign them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

It looks like the green question mark is probably the large negative polarity spot of old 3576. The red question mark is only about 24 hours old, so we'll see how that develops. What is now 3599 might have been a new development to old 3576 before it went over the western limb, so it will be interesting to see how they assign them.

Looks like they have assigned the large spot separately from the 3599 and now the large spot became 3600.

Image 1 of 1

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the Western part of the region decayed further today, and now only a few very small spots are still visible, and one larger negative polarity spot. If nothing changes, then I think this region is done.

Screenshot2024-03-02181915-min.thumb.jpg.2041643ee15f9dde47d8c665a4f75453.jpg

19 hours ago, MeteoLatvia said:

The region is not done just yet... Several spots are rapidly emerging, but too early to say what this will result.

Agreed @MeteoLatvia. It’s about the only thing with a chance presently anyway of causing a CME down the road….

It also pretty recently was upgraded to Beta gamma. I don't have a huge amount of knowledge on these topics, but all this seems promising.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jay-B said:

2 days ago this AR had a size of 30 and only 3 sunspots. Today its 130 and 12 sunspots. 

Glad to hear I was wrong :lol:

Even if it's nothing too exciting, it's nice to have a more developed region during boring times like this!

I still doubt it will return to it's former glory though haha.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mozy said:

It definitely isn't, AR 3602 is however.

I missed that entirely, it is definitely Anti-Hale @mozyI don’t know if 3602 warrants its own thread yet as I have ignored it for the most part.  Doesn’t look like much yet, anyway. Jan says it’s dying and swpc stats seem to confirm this unfortunately. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
3602 update
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Adrian Kobyłecki said:

In my opinion, this is already a clear β-γ-δ

I would agree if you are referring to that especially hot negative portion nearest the trailing positive. It ain’t doing much yet though. However I see development in the last six hours or so.  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MeteoLatvia said:

Rather decent C8.3 flare some moments ago. At least the region is showing signs of gaining activity.Screenshot-2024-03-07-090433.thumb.jpg.2d69afe3afd467e5ec3010f3efbdc292.jpg

Thanks for the heads up was just gonna check Solar soft. 

Definitely looking a lot more active. We were also discussing the demise of  3602 which may be reviving by the looks of 131 angstrom pic  I’m told this colour is teal if that helps.  Looks green to me….  Ha 

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

3599 definitely has what appears to be a textbook delta. Hopefully it continues on its development.  I haven’t looked at latest 131 but it should be improved markedly if I’m not mistaken. 

• Like 2