Fight One Region 3590 {size ~1200MH} or 24 separate Size 50MH Sunspots?

Sieffre Involution

So to give a twist to the old, {Fight 1 horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?) Style of brain storming, I am wondering if one were to pick a fight between a 1200MH Size region 3590 in todays example, would Earth be better or worse off fighting 24 Separate more spread out 50MH sized Sunspots? 

Would the extra spread out sunspots be more unstable or is bigger gathering region always better? 

I am sure others will be able to add to this discussion. 

well, if a single sunspot of 1200 has an Alpha configuration, it will be completely silent and stable. if there will be a lot of small spots of both polarities in one penumbra, it will be a delta config and will probably flare a lot

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tniickck said:

well, if a single sunspot of 1200 has an Alpha configuration, it will be completely silent and stable. if there will be a lot of small spots of both polarities in one penumbra, it will be a delta config and will probably flare a lot

That would be strange although 3590 ( of which I hate to speak) Is a contender for the most disappointing pair so far, imho.