DST Index Values too high for chart

Go to solution Solved by Vancanneyt Sander,

I've seen this a few times where the DST Index exceeded 40nT in which it wouldn't show it on the graph as the values were too high. Is there a way too scale up the graph in order to see the values correctly?

• Solution

Thanks for the report, didn't know DST can be around 40nT in quiet times... normally quiet times are around 0nT like the predicted one is. But we've made an update so it will be adjusted when it's above the fixed 40nT; will be visible in max 1 hour due to caching.

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-02-23 om 19.28.26.png

4 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Thanks for the report, didn't know DST can be around 40nT in quiet times... normally quiet times are around 0nT like the predicted one is. But we've made an update so it will be adjusted when it's above the fixed 40nT; will be visible in max 1 hour due to caching.

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-02-23 om 19.28.26.png

any idea why its so high? If i check the graph its been like that for 24h at least (furthest i can go back too)

c78e8144f0f4c1e53f1aefc7aae3f2a2.png

Looking at their site its been like this from the 21st on ? Maybe an issue on their end? 

cuz if i check kiruna magnetogram, stackplot etc. it all looks normal ? 

"The user should also note that the real-time Dst indices could contain artificial noises and baseline shifts because the index is derived from raw data without visual checks and correction." <- thats something i found at the bottom of their page but im still confused.. i mean, those values have been there for 3 days at least so im confused.