Any way to delete Attachments?

Go to solution Solved by Vancanneyt Sander,

3 hours ago, Solar_Marcel said:

yes, but i dont see a way to delete them :(

Click the link on the right side to go to the message where each image is contained, edit the message, and delete the image

Edited by Sam Warfel

6 minutes ago, Sam Warfel said:

Click the link on the right side to go to the message where each image is contained, edit the message, and delete the image

Ah, ok, thanks a lot

Theres one problem though: i cant edit my messages in the old Incoming regions thread

1 hour ago, Solar_Marcel said:

Ah, ok, thanks a lot

Theres one problem though: i cant edit my messages in the old Incoming regions thread

Glad you brought this up publicly. I was going to edit a revitalized topic 50 mhz F2..,. To something better representative of its entire content because not only did I further expand on the topic but it now clarifies a misunderstanding likely present among others besides @Philalethesand regarding our ionospheres makeup.  The only options now available to me after a certain time are:  report and share.  Thanks,  Mike. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Clarity

I have thought a little about this and it’s probably an exclusive administrative ability in software like the ability to remove certain posts.  Hopefully I am incorrect but I can see how only trusted folks should have this ability after a certain period….

The reason we don't let users delete attachments directly in the "my attachments" screen is that it breaks the posts where they were used. So that leads to 404 not found errors and isn't what users wanna see when they visit. 
Removing them from posts was a possibility but it does indeed get locked from editing after 48 hours...
Mods and admins can remove things if needed.

Users who gain enough reputation because of good posts get promoted to the "community regular" status and have the ability to post up to 100mb total of attachment space.

Why do we have low limits on attachments:

• Our backups get very large the more space everyone takes
  • the more storage we have to use, the higher the disk space cost
  • the more attachments we store, the more bandwidth will be used to serve them, increasing our bandwidth costs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2