Filaments and prominences

11 hours ago, Parabolic said:

Daydreaming about this filament destabilizing 

2024_06_20_14_52_53_AIA_171__AIA_131__AIA_304 (2).png

wouldn't there need to be an Associated CME to cause this to destabilise? or can it just do it on its own?

On 6/25/2024 at 3:03 PM, Yani said:

Also not even sure if there would be an earth directed component to that filament erupting. Seems too southward/eastward at the moment. 

My observation was correct ! But dont worry for me ! Of course not all ejection in way of earth but enough for a surprise storm.  Others filaments have broken since … 

Interplanetary magnetic field is increasing fast this morning 

CME.jpeg.3742f4a766a65937164e7bb60a0424f0.jpeg   chart.thumb.jpg.c3cec5987dca5ec18890c563a8f9e6ad.jpg

geo.jpg.92af9fcb185c1b79120bb153ce072735.jpg

Edited by Sunlive123
Update graph
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Sunlive123 said:

My observation was correct ! But dont worry for me ! Of course not all ejection in way of earth but enough for a surprise storm. 

Surprise storm?? What would be surprising about a storm that’s been forecasted for over 2 days - specifically naming the filament eruption as the source of the incoming storm??? IMG_9830.jpeg.bde5e0318fa18b32f4d15f5da700782c.jpeg

Edited by Justanerd
Add graphic
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Justanerd said:

Surprise storm?? What would be surprising about a storm that’s been forecasted for over 2 days - specifically naming the filament eruption as the source of the incoming storm??? 

FALSE ! NOAA alert only 2 days after and nobody here except Yani  answered me ! But dont worry for me ! It s just the beginning. 

Alert G1 is under estimated. The Disturbance Storm Time index predicts moderate storm conditions right now (-73nT)  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sunlive123 said:

FALSE ! NOAA alert only 2 days after and nobody here except Yani  answered me ! But dont worry for me ! It s just the beginning. 

Alert G1 is under estimated. The Disturbance Storm Time index predicts moderate storm conditions right now (-73nT)  

There's no agenda here, we are all just staring up at the sun hoping something happens. The G1 is a glancing blow from a filament eruption, which was no surprise to anyone when it first happened and it's looking very fairly estimated as the activity seems to be tapering off now. The time to get excited is when the forums have a big debate about whether a CME was a far side event or if it was a centre disk event.

3 hours ago, Sunlive123 said:

Note the date and time NOAA issued the Geomagnetic storm watch - it was NO surprise and it was predicted 2 days ago - please stop with all the drama and sensationalism! Thank you!

IMG_9831.thumb.jpeg.609901c179008db8cfebe64a56efb5b0.jpeg

• Like 4

@Sunlive123 you would do yourself ( and others) a better service by watching the interactions on this website for a few months. You would possibly learn some interesting things you didn’t realise and return better informed.  People here are very well informed on space weather predictions.  Unproven theories are even discussed under a separate running thread for those who have the ability to stand intelligent criticism.  It’s a great site in my opinion. I’ve been here for three years and still enjoy it.  Mike  Edit:  this shouldn’t be misunderstood as anything but a friendly suggestion from a fellow enthusiast who is crazy about space weather in general btw. 😇

Edited by hamateur 1953
Afterthoughts
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1