Region 3583

Miles

29 minutes ago, Miles said:

Figured a topic should be started for region 3583 since it’s emergence and rapid growth.

Good call, both low latitude regions 3582 and 3583 already showing C level activity on our board.  Further development a good possibility. 

• Like 2

What would be really fun would be for two new anti-hale regions to appear between the two current ARs.   Another “ Train wreck “ to keep SWPC scratching their heads.   😃   I am just asking to be hated with that remark.  Sorry SWPC.  My humble apologies. Mike. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Apology
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tniickck said:

do i see a ring structure?? 

yes

1 hour ago, Jesterface23 said:

There is nothing connecting the regions, so I don't quite see why they would be under the same topic

because they are similar i thought make a thread for both

1 hour ago, Parabolic said:

Edit: Nvm I got things flip flopped somehow 😅

Would this region now qualify as having reversed polarity.

Screenshot_20240212-154714~3.png

From what I know, in the northern hemisphere it should be negative on the left and positive on the right, so everything is fine. A region of reverse polarity would rather appear at high latitude

Edited by Adrian Kobyłecki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Adrian Kobyłecki said:

From what I know, in the northern hemisphere it should be negative on the left and positive on the right, so everything is fine. A region of reverse polarity would rather appear at high latitude

Thank you. Moments after posting that I realized I got mixed up haha. I appreciate the clarification.

11 minutes ago, SpaceWeather5464 said:

The negatives are on the right while the positives are on the left.

Are you talking about these ones, If so It's just the typical issue when regions move further away from our vantage point it gets harder to identify the polarities when they get closer to the limb.

I don't see any reversed polarities with this one.

7071aa2a4ce16e04210f0985215a2c4c.png

Edited by mozy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mozy said:

Are you talking about these ones, If so It's just the typical issue when regions move further away from our vantage point it gets harder to identify the polarities when they get closer to the limb.

I don't see any reversed polarities with this one.

7071aa2a4ce16e04210f0985215a2c4c.png

Yes this region. But isn’t SDO’s Magnetogram accurate?