What is this stuff??

hamateur 1953
Go to solution Solved by Marcel de Bont,

I have seen it three times now.  Actually it is even still visible in the recycling loop run of the M 9 from yesterday on the main pg at SW.c.  I’ve come to call it Inkus Obscurus until a better explanation is given, it seems appropriate.  Tnx. Mike 

image.thumb.png.eba5a0503d71ddae72581ec1fc04e790.pngimage.thumb.png.eba5a0503d71ddae72581ec1fc04e790.png

Edited by hamateur 1953

By the way, the blurry edge of the object (Earth) in the frame you provided is that way because of our atmosphere. If the moon comes in between SDO and the Sun you will see a sharp edge because the moon doesn't have an atmosphere. Life hack.

The planets Venus or Mercury will look like tiny tiny dots.

• Like 2
  • Cool 2

I’ve viewed the transit of Venus some time back ( very cool ). And recently the hunk of rock we called Phobos by our mast cam.  Just more obstructions to our view of Active Regions to contend with.  My pet Humbolt squid Beatrice will be relieved she has no more competition. 🤣Tnx @Marcel de Bont

Edited by hamateur 1953
Chuckled

Another kinda humorous thing last year was when NRC  Penticton British Columbia was partially occulted by our moon during an eclipse of the sun. 
( annular). I was aware of it naturally, being in the shadow myself.  However SFI tanked down to 87 I think it was.  Causing quite a few people to wonder if a mechanical or electronic failure had occurred or perhaps someone had turned down solar radiation for awhile.  Haha.  

Edited by hamateur 1953
Clarity.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Lawn Boy said:

Breaker, one nine breaker one nine looking for the hamster. I know that’s  CB talk. I was looking for a back door to get to you.

Yeah you’re wall to wall treetop tall good buddy.  Must be running a full gallon down there!!   Pm me if ya wnna chat. Ok.  Busy now. 73. Mike 

Edited by hamateur 1953

47 minutes ago, Bry said:

Whats up with SOHO right now? Moon obstruction?image.png.8cadf0e28b9ea2379e07908bfcf9ce5d.png

19 minutes ago, Members only said:

Yeah what’s up with this lol

Hi there:

There are a number of possibilities that might cause the problem. Two likely reasons are data processing errors and telemetry errors.
Data Processing: During image processing, if the data is not properly calibrated or if there are errors in the processing pipeline, it could lead to saturated images with a white background.

Telemetry Issues: Sometimes, communication or telemetry issues between the spacecraft and ground stations can affect the transmission of data, leading to corrupted or saturated images.

Other reasons could include instrument limitations and exposure settings.

N.

Edited by Newbie
  • Thanks 2

On 4/4/2024 at 4:50 PM, Lawn Boy said:

Breaker, one nine breaker one nine looking for the hamster. I know that’s  CB talk. I was looking for a back door to get to you.

CQ @Lawn Boy  check your inbox good buddy.  73. Mike/Hagrid