CME 01/0812 geomagnetic storm watch

2 hours ago, tniickck said:

M2M office predicted Kp5-7 for this one but then lowered to 4-6

Where did you see that they lowered? 

391914645f51a6fd4ceaac02ecca8bf2.png

ah i found it myself. i also saw 2 runs from their enlil model. i dont know which one to take serious now? what did noaa say?

26 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Where did you see that they lowered? 

391914645f51a6fd4ceaac02ecca8bf2.png

ah i found it myself. i also saw 2 runs from their enlil model. i dont know which one to take serious now? what did noaa say?

take both. the position is "slippery" again and it is really easy to mistake while prognosing. noaa said nothing but made ENLIL (an interactive one) which i find unrealistic and too pessimistic

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, tniickck said:

take both. the position is "slippery" again and it is really easy to mistake while prognosing. noaa said nothing but made ENLIL (an interactive one) which i find unrealistic and too pessimistic

why too pessimistic? it would fit the 2nd run from nasa with an arrival late feb 4th

This one is a bit tough to do a forecast on as @Jesterface23 says for a few reasons where the main one is that there are serval CME's at almost the same time. For the main one discussed here I can only see a glancing blow at best. Most of the plasma seems to be missing. Maybe a G2 at most if we get lucky with a prolonged negative Bz.

I am a bit pessimistic about this one sadly. I'm gonna study the images more and run them through a program I just created that does some calculations.

• Like 3