AR 3561

Go to solution Solved by Philalethes,

Haven't really kept up with spaceweather that much due to the quietness, but this region is starting to look really spicy.

Edited by mozy
missed a word
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, mozy said:

Haven't really kept up with spaceweather that much due to the quietness, but this region is starting to look really spicy.

Welcome back! Nice to see you again 🥰

Does it have more Deltas now, or why spicier? I have to be honest, i didnt really watch it throughout the day..

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Welcome back! Nice to see you again 🥰

Does it have more Deltas now, or why spicier? I have to be honest, i didnt really watch it throughout the day..

Still only around that area, but It's growing rapidly all around it too, if this keeps up I definitely expect bigger flaring to take place (upper M-flares atleast)

Edited by mozy
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, mozy said:

Agreed. This sunspot has so much positives and negatives bumping towards each other, The sunspot is a bomb at this point just waiting to be triggered.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SpaceWeather5464 said:

Agreed. This sunspot has so much positives and negatives bumping towards each other, The sunspot is a bomb at this point just waiting to be triggered.

hah, i didnt know. thought its relatively normal with a small delta.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

hah, i didnt know. thought its relatively normal with a small delta.

37 minutes ago, SpaceWeather5464 said:

It’s producing a lot of M class flares and there’s one happening now while I’m writing lol, Seems complex to me.

Overall I agree it doesn't look all that complex, but that delta region near the bottom is making up for it, seems like that's the source of most of the activity so far. Even after a fair amount of flaring earlier it seems to have grown:

latestcrop.gif

I think that's actually the most solid delta I've seen in a good while, with both umbral cores being quite prominent.

Now there seems a delta might be forming near the left side of the region too, towards the top. I'd guess we're going to see some more flaring from this region before it leaves our view or disintegrates.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

Overall I agree it doesn't look all that complex, but that delta region near the bottom is making up for it, seems like that's the source of most of the activity so far. Even after a fair amount of flaring earlier it seems to have grown:

latestcrop.gif

I think that's actually the most solid delta I've seen in a good while, with both umbral cores being quite prominent.

Now there seems a delta might be forming near the left side of the region too, towards the top. I'd guess we're going to see some more flaring from this region before it leaves our view or disintegrates.

Definitely one of the better looking deltas we've had in a long time, but all it takes is 1 flare and it can kill itself instantly 😅

9 minutes ago, SpaceWeather5464 said:

It needed energy for the flare happening now 😂

If you look at suvi both regions appear to flare. I just can’t tell (yet) which flared more

5 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

If we can just get one decent CME.. lol

What do you mean? No launch? I can see movement in suvi 195 :)