AR 3559

Go to solution Solved by arjemma,

• Solution

Interesting indeed. I wouldn't be surprised if it develops a gamma configuration soon (might even have it, I'm rusty in classifying gamma). I would say that this region is the most complex on the disk at the moment. I really hope it can fire out some nice plasma in the coming days as it rotates into a earth directed position 😎

• Like 3

Seems to still be complexifying; still not very complex, but there's definitely a delta there now. Given the positive spot that's developing past the delta I'd say it would pass as a gamma too for the full BGD designation, but just barely.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chronical said:

It developed even more throughout the night, the negative spot grew a lot, a lot more little spots between the two big ones, could be interesting if it continues like that.

All while quite, Hopefully building up for a flare, And that's good because it's facing us soon.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chris_Wicklund said:

Looks way more interesting than 24 hours ago. Look at all those sunspots forming fast.

Magnetically it looks less exciting to me but I’m no expert. What do you think?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sotiris Konstantis said:

Solar protons rising due to this spot or what?

no. due to the incoming CME 

the M flare did no cme at all so it couldnt send any protons to us

• Like 1

Looks like most of the current complexity is located in the top left of the region now; I think that strictly speaking should be designated as a separate AR, but I guess it's all part of the same structure anyway.

7 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Noaa calls this region Delta but i dont really see deltas

The previous deltas between the two largest spots seem to be gone for now, but as per the above there are some spots that are at least close to being deltas in the top left part of the region. Not sure how often or how recently NOAA updates their classification; it's just once per day, isn't it?