AR 3521

arjemma

I wanted to start a topic about this region as it has become rather interesting. It has fired a few C-class and now have at least a beta-gamma configuration. It has grown in complexity.

I'm including a gif of the development the last 2-days (ish). It's the region to the right in the gif.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

Keep on dissing those active regions!  It seems to work.  Haha  

I will try one:   This tiny useless AR doesn’t even look capable of an M class, let alone an X.   It will probably bite the dust halfway across its transit on our side!  

18 hours ago, arjemma said:

I wanted to start a topic about this region as it has become rather interesting. It has fired a few C-class and now have at least a beta-gamma configuration. It has grown in complexity.

I'm including a gif of the development the last 2-days (ish). It's the region to the right in the gif.

spacer.png

spacer.png

We are about to lose good ol’ ‘19 an excellent performer this time unfortunately. A little optimism never hurts.  Merry xmas all. Mike Edit:  There is definitely something going on in the trailing negative spot.  I see little in the way of 131 activity but those positive spots are looking for trouble imho. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Dissing the ARs for a test
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

By the way, is anyone able to get SDO imagery? It always hits me with "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" @tniickck maybe you know something about a workaround? You saved us last time!! :D 

I got imagery at 11:45 UTC, so i dont know when it went down. My iphone tells me it cant find SDO's server.

update: It's my stupid internet provider it seems. works well with mobile data. sorry!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

I tried reverse psychology with 3460. It almost worked, however as we have seen too many times, they wait until the limb of disappointment before blasting themselves to oblivion! 

Haha too bad it didn't work completely. This AR looked promising on the farside (if it was this one). I wouldn't be surprised if it joined the limb of disappointment club.

1 hour ago, tniickck said:

dissing a sunspot is quite unusual. however there is a really small chance that sunspots can connect to the internet and read what we post😁 there might be a giant computer in the depth of the sun 

Haha that would be hilarious if that was the case. I can imagine the discussion between the AR's gossiping to each other to wait for the limb if we at earth is jinxing it 😂

• Like 1