AR3528

hamateur 1953
Go to solution Solved by Adrian Kobyłecki,

Beta Delta. New kid. Definitely looks good for now.  We need a replacement for 3514 anyway, hopefully this guy steps up soon.   Keep dissing it. Haha. It seems to be working so far.  Hopefully an M class by tomorrow. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Back from the dead
  • Like 2

Well thats not the first time we’ve seen reticent deltas.  Still growing.  Got my fingers crossed. Haha    Looking at solar soft for today bears you out @tniickck 3520 and 3526 for now the main players. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
C level check

1 hour ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Well thats not the first time we’ve seen reticent deltas.  Still growing.  Got my fingers crossed. Haha    Looking at solar soft for today bears you out @tniickck 3520 and 3526 for now the main players. 

I would say that AR3529 looks the best. As I can see it has a delta or even two

Edited by Adrian Kobyłecki

We have a horse race now.  Haha. 28 just spit out a mid C. 3519  has been mentioned to me as another contender haha. We will see. First M class wins!!   It slipped my mind about the betting prohibition temporarily. I’ll look at both of the others now and think hard about 29! 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Pausing to reconsider.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Adrian Kobyłecki said:

I would say that AR3529 looks the best. As I can see it has a delta or even two

No delta there as far as I can see, but if it develops further you can always start a topic for it if you want; probably best to wait for something more substantial though.

39 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

No delta there as far as I can see, but if it develops further you can always start a topic for it if you want; probably best to wait for something more substantial though.

I'm sorry this is off-topic, but I don't think there's any point in starting a new one. In my opinion this is delta, maybe I'm wrong

3529_HMIIF.jpg

3529_HMIBC.jpg

Edited by Adrian Kobyłecki
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Adrian Kobyłecki said:

I'm sorry this is off-topic, but I don't think there's any point in starting a new one. In my opinion this is delta, maybe I'm wrong

3529_HMIIF.jpg

3529_HMIBC.jpg

My apologies; I had generated a gif for a different region that I was looking at.

You're right that there could be a potential delta there, I do see where you mean. Let's hope it develops into something more and becomes worthy of its own topic.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

My apologies; I had generated a gif for a different region that I was looking at.

You're right that there could be a potential delta there, I do see where you mean. Let's hope it develops into something more and becomes worthy of its own topic.

The blue looks so faint though. What do you think? Could it be gamma rather ?

14 hours ago, Adrian Kobyłecki said:

it doesn't matter which one, hopefully in the best position relative to the Earth 😀 

I think you will find others on this site in unanimous agreement with you, myself most definitely. For this reason you have the best answer! 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Typo
  • Cool 1

Thanks @arjemma  Our background 10.7 is heading toward 200 SFI again fortunately,  (176@ 18:00 utc) this is very good news that solar activity in general should remain moderate to high and with that probably more sunspots. Mike

9 minutes ago, arjemma said:

I saw a delta in this region yesterday but forgot to post about it. Good thing you did @hamateur 1953!
It does seem that the magnetic complexity is less complex now though. There is one region that looks like it could become a delta but we will see. For sure an interesting region.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arjemma said:

I saw a delta in this region yesterday but forgot to post about it. Good thing you did @hamateur 1953!
It does seem that the magnetic complexity is less complex now though. There is one region that looks like it could become a delta but we will see. For sure an interesting region.

where? 😮 

Patience is usually rewarded. Unless you’re counting on the bz to stay south.🤣  Anyway, SFI today will likely be 179 up 18 points from yesterday. And we are still a good six months from Solar Maximum.  Patience cuz after maximum we still have a good three years of Solar activity on the downslope  Especially as this is nothing like the last cycle except one more number in sequence  

Edit  many of us just missed the brief KP6 the other day when bz swung north  I lucked out cuz   @arjemma had just posted the panomax link and just caught the tail end of a pretty good show from Norway.  Luck is 90% of this haha  

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Like 1

I might be too optimistic right now but can this be a delta? It's hard to tell but it looks to be in the same penumbra. What do you others think?

I'm rusty at my delta hunting game so that's why I'm asking you.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by arjemma
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, arjemma said:

I might be too optimistic right now but can this be a delta? It's hard to tell but it looks to be in the same penumbra. What do you others think?

I'm rusty at my delta hunting game so that's why I'm asking you.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's certainly a hint of one; it's changing from image to image, but right now it seems like there's still a bit too much separation between it and the penumbra of the larger negative area, but it does indicate a little bit of complexity.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

It's certainly a hint of one; it's changing from image to image, but right now it seems like there's still a bit too much separation between it and the penumbra of the larger negative area, but it does indicate a little bit of complexity.

Thank you for your input! I agree, it does look like more complexity. I wonder if this will go off a the limb of disappointment as well... 🙄