Radio Blackout alert

M42Sparks

Frequencies effected

HF

So I could not find the body of text field when using mobile phone device when entering the data. According to to alert warning th one is occuring right now  bottom of the page there is no other info shared. What frequencies are effected. Any thing you know woud be nice if posted. 

Edited by M42Sparks
Add info in field spelling

Looks like we just had an m flare. 1.58 of fairly long duration. HF in The states shouldn’t be too affected unless a particle event accompanied it. I will get back to ya soon. Mike.    Edit.The  MUF along our eastern seaboard in america is just short of twenty meters ( 13 mhz). So only thirty meters is currently usable long haul.  The protons aren’t elevated but something is going on as our x ray flux is elevated over recent levels. Hopefully all will clear up by dawn.  73. Mike N7ORL 

There appear to be multiple C flares currently. Probably from an incoming region north.  Twenty meters should open normally, perhaps with a slightly higher noise level.  Hopefully this helps. I recall you’re in a Canadian province, but cannot recall just which one. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Like 2