AR 3486

MeteoLatvia

1 hour ago, MeteoLatvia said:

New sunspot region emerged yesterday at late evening and today has already received number (AR 3483). Looks like region develops rapidly and shows nice activity. 

And its already very very bright on every SDO image i saw

Edited by Solar_Marcel
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Solar_Marcel said:

And its already very very bright on every SDO image i saw

Oh, yes I wanted to ask - why is it like that? I recently checked SDO images too, and also saw that the region is very bright on every channel. Is this indictaion that the region is growing rapidly and magnetic complexity is increasing, or it is related to other factors?

Did you mean AR 3486? Because AR 3483 will soon dissapear behind the west limb.

35 minutes ago, MeteoLatvia said:

Oh, yes I wanted to ask - why is it like that? I recently checked SDO images too, and also saw that the region is very bright on every channel. Is this indictaion that the region is growing rapidly and magnetic complexity is increasing, or it is related to other factors?

I believe it appears bright because it is currently producing minor C-flares while everything around it is quiet. It is indeed a sign of the magnetic complexity getting more complex with the spots between the two big sunspots. I believe it could acquire the Beta-Gamma rating soon if the complexity keeps intensifying, but I might be wrong  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Yes, indeed!  And I can breathe again as I am probably not the only person on this forum watching our ARs march off into history on the west limb! 

Yes. Me too but i think there are some big ones coming 'round on the other side

Well niw that i said that, they probaly will die again... 

• Like 1

Outta likes here buddy, sorry. But I know exactly how you feel!  I have been watching the east limb like a hawk also in anticipation. 

29 minutes ago, Solar_Marcel said:

Yes. Me too but i think there are some big ones coming 'round on the other side

Well niw that i said that, they probaly will die again... 

12 hours ago, MeteoLatvia said:

New sunspot region emerged yesterday at late evening and today has already received number (AR 3483). Looks like region develops rapidly and shows nice activity. 

There is quite a distance between the positive - blue and negative -red areas on the magnetogram so I wouldn’t expect a lot of activity at this point in time ….IMG_6367.jpeg.f1f2de3c9cdf00c428c851411b453235.jpeg

9 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Yes, indeed!  And I can breathe again as I am probably not the only person on this forum watching our ARs march off into history on the west limb! 

… but at least AR 3486 saves us from this:

IMG_6250.thumb.jpeg.b07591ff30607216445a451030225b32.jpeg

N.

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

I have heard talk of this and another region ( 3487 I think) having developed quite a bit on the farside and a rough estimate of mine for the return date might be Dec1-2. Anyone have any information good or bad regarding this particular AR?  Tnx. Mike 

If you are meaning 3486, the thread topic,I do believe it plagiarised itself! :D

N.

• Haha 1