Sunspot AR3474

SpaceWeather5464

20 minutes ago, SpaceWeather5464 said:

This sunspot has developed a lot in the past 48 hours, It could be a flare player if it keeps developing. 

3474_HMIIF.jpg

For sure I took this earlier!

Potential for some deltas.

N.

IMG_5862.thumb.jpeg.cf47720c68c6ba15e91e3a7148652898.jpeg

IMG_5864.thumb.jpeg.cd9c4ee56fd4df17d6eb1ee1f6bfe503.jpeg

Most of the activity on the sun has come from this AR. Including the C 7.9 flare.

Edited by Newbie
  • Like 2

SFI up seven honest points as well. Ok then.  

Thanks for the like! @Newbie  I know what I will be doing tomorrow after hearing that @Drax Spacexworked Morocco on ten meters. Building that six meter ground plane antenna to make the contact with Phil @KW2P this winter. Wish it wasn’t so cold.  Spent too much time here this year. Haha! 

9 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

SFI up seven honest points as well. Ok then.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, kokonutcreme said:

[ I'm new to this. From my understanding the amount or size of the sun Spot/s is not a measure to the probability of the CME and or when it will erupt?]  [How deep can a Sun Spot go?]

Solar sunspots extend into the Sun's convective zone, reaching depths of about 20,000 to 30,000 kilometers (12,000 to 18,000 miles). They are darker and cooler regions on the Sun's surface, where intense magnetic activity inhibits the normal heat transfer, resulting in lower temperatures compared to their surroundings.

The magnetic layout of the sunspot determines how active it will be and some powerful eruptions have emanated from smallish active regions. 

It’s worth noting not all solar flares produce CME’s.

There are more details about sunspots and active regions in the help section on the homepage of SWL.

N.

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/help.html

Edited by Newbie
Add link
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1