Change to push notifications for site and app: Active visitors will receive alerts

My push notifications stopped working—I think for this reason. How do I get them to start working again? They show they’re turned on in the app. Please advise.

FYI, the reason I don’t go into the app very often is that I like to have the history of notifications to look back on for the last week or two. Once I go into the app, these get cleared, so I lose the history. Is there a place to see just the simple notification history within the app? If so, I would use that. If not, maybe that’s something you’d consider adding?

Either way, I need to figure out how to turn them back on so if I have to go into the app from time to time, now I will. Thank you!

12 minuten geleden, llij96 zei:

My push notifications stopped working—I think for this reason. How do I get them to start working again? They show they’re turned on in the app. Please advise.

FYI, the reason I don’t go into the app very often is that I like to have the history of notifications to look back on for the last week or two. Once I go into the app, these get cleared, so I lose the history. Is there a place to see just the simple notification history within the app? If so, I would use that. If not, maybe that’s something you’d consider adding?

Either way, I need to figure out how to turn them back on so if I have to go into the app from time to time, now I will. Thank you!

We haven’t removed any users yet, only send out two notifications to users who we haven’t seen in a year. Once we remove users, opening SWL app will create a new push profile and notifications will work again. 

Can you send us your push notification ID that you can find under the app menu Help -> Push notifications (bottom of the page), that way we can see how it’s currently configured. Keep in mind that it can be device related and/or ISP related.

8 minuten geleden, llij96 zei:

I don’t see “push notifications” in the help menu??? Interestingly, as I was looking for it, I received a notification! Maybe looking around the app corrected the problem?

Oh yeah 🙈 I should restore that menu item until the new app version is released, sorry for that! In our next app update we’ll have a FAQ available in the push notification configuration screen where the ID will be found. 

Good you’ve received the latest notification 👌

• Like 1

If you use a VPN, some VPNs can block connections from our push notifications provider. Please disable the VPN and see if this resolves your issue.

In certain countries connections to our push notifications provider can be blocked by the ISP, this is something out of our control.

For Samsung devices: Please make sure to disable "Do not disturb" mode and "Power Savings" as these can block notifications.