AR 3451

mozy

Noted the C8 also.  Funny. I thought it had shot its bolt before arriving.  🤣

edit: This looks more like two active regions in close proximityi to me.  Very strange indeed. I looked at 131 48 hr run and both the upper and lower are hot. Looks as though the lower of the two dealt that M 1.2 awhile ago. Cool. Being somewhat colour blind really sux. A close friend just circled three potential deltas in this mess!! Haha Edit again. It seems that swpc split this guy into two ARs. 3452 is lower lat apparently and they have it dealing out the second larger M class. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Need eyesight. Haha
  • Like 1

There has been clear development to AR13451 since yesterday. I am seeing two sunspots that could become interesting and could maybe form a delta, but they aren't so big, and the umbra/penumbra isn't connected or shared at the moment. I'd say this region is to monitor for the next days before it is too close to the limb.

image.png.741e65ac8422ad69c13be07895ade5da.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Allegedly area 51 is due for a return next week.    Unfortunately he will lose his cool number this time around.  Edit  Dr Tamitha Skov has been keeping a close eye on ARs 3448 52 and particularly 3451 one of which was likely responsible for a huge cme on the farside awhile back  I think 3448 will be the first arrival, but may be wrong  

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Like 1