AR 3415

tniickck

10 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Was just gonna start one.  And its from a promising region as well. It hasn’t dealt out anything beyond low C so far.  Let’s hope it evolves! 

I mentioned this one in the incoming regions thread. It does indeed look like it has a shared umbra so it appears to be a delta. Not a lot of complexity though. At least it finally popped an M class.

• Like 1

It is small as can be seen, but intense. 
I am still anticipating some more activity on the limb.  I’d love to know what happened to those apparently huge ARs that were caught by mastcam from Mars traversing the disc we cannot view from Earth presently!  

1 hour ago, cgrant26 said:

I mentioned this one in the incoming regions thread. It does indeed look like it has a shared umbra so it appears to be a delta. Not a lot of complexity though. At least it finally popped an M class.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

Do I see reversed polarities in 3415😱?

I don't see how that would be the case. Looks like what you'd expect in the southern hemisphere, i.e. negative leading and positive trailing. Looks like one big delta for the time being though, that's something.

• Like 2

Amen on that @Philalethes   Jan agrees that this is easily the most magnetically complex region presently on our side.    I am surprised SWPC hasn’t classed this as BD yet.  Well it won’t stop it from spitting out an x class, I am pretty sure.  Haha.  

13 hours ago, Philalethes said:

I don't see how that would be the case. Looks like what you'd expect in the southern hemisphere, i.e. negative leading and positive trailing. Looks like one big delta for the time being though, that's something.

• Like 2

it was, actually

2 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Amen on that @Philalethes   Jan agrees that this is easily the most magnetically complex region presently on our side.    I am surprised SWPC hasn’t classed this as BD yet.  Well it won’t stop it from spitting out an x class, I am pretty sure.  Haha.  

Yes noted that swpc now shows it as a BD. Hopefully it does something with that delta now.  At least it isn’t on the other side leaving us!!  Edit:  Looks like it shot its bolt with that m flare. Next candidate please.  😊

Edited by hamateur 1953
It looks like its leaving us now