AR 3380

tniickck
Go to solution Solved by mozy,

Sure looks like it.  Take a look at polar absorption, went up awhile back. Not red, but definitely large increase. Near s1 levels currently. 

30 minutes ago, tniickck said:

didnt it just produce an earth directed CME? it also caused a spike in solar radiation

Screenshot_20230724-225014_SpaceWeatherLive.jpg

Screenshot_20230724-224537_SpaceWeatherLive.jpg

Edited by hamateur 1953
Typo

Yeah, definitely inclined to agree with mozy on this one; can't really see any activity around 3380 at the time of eruption, and doesn't really look much like it came from there either judging by the direction. Not really any significant dimming to speak of either despite what looks like a pretty strong blast. Judging by the apparent location I'd guess 3363 maybe, but hard to say when it's the far side. Looks like another good position for SolO to register any flare that might have been associated with it, still awaiting the data on that (here).

Sure seems like a powerful eruption though, as evidenced by the apparent speed and the proton flux.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Протоны летят с западной стороны, по спирали Паркера, а 3380 на востоке. Почти наверняка это 3363 продолжает бушевать 💥

Имеем CME типа полное гало! 😲

20230724_183825_d7c2A.jpg

Edited by Andrey M
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Philalethes said:

Yeah, definitely inclined to agree with mozy on this one; can't really see any activity around 3380 at the time of eruption, and doesn't really look much like it came from there either judging by the direction. Not really any significant dimming to speak of either despite what looks like a pretty strong blast. Judging by the apparent location I'd guess 3363 maybe, but hard to say when it's the far side. Looks like another good position for SolO to register any flare that might have been associated with it, still awaiting the data on that (here).

Sure seems like a powerful eruption though, as evidenced by the apparent speed and the proton flux.

I agree that it was more likely 3363 however two groups show on farside charts. My gut feeling was 3363 was only getting warmed up as it went past the west limb.

From the Martian pic I posted a few days ago it was one of only two groups that could be seen due to poor resolution. Latest far side seismology shows those two groups are still there and shouldn’t be too far from the east limb.

N.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andrey M said:

Протоны летят с западной стороны, по спирали Паркера, а 3380 на востоке. Почти наверняка это 3363 продолжает бушевать 💥

Имеем CME типа полное гало! 😲

20230724_183825_d7c2A.jpg

Please speak in English on the forums, thank you. @Andrey M

Detect language

Russian
Protony letyat s zapadnoy storony, po spirali Parkera, a 3380 na vostoke. Pochti navernyaka eto 3363 prodolzhayet bushevat' 💥 Imeyem CME tipa polnoye galo! 😲

Protons fly from the west side, in a Parker spiral, and 3380 in the east. Almost certainly it is 3363 that continues to rage 💥 We have a CME like a complete halo! 😲

at least the emoji's are universal!
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jesterface23 said:

Now going to the title of the topic rather than the first intent. 3380 has been producing several minor eruptive events even though there isn't much complexity to the region.

All the action has been with 3376 which is already departing past the west limb. Slim pickings at the moment.

N.

IMG_4545.png

• Like 2

Looks like this region has complexified overnight with the appearance of a new negative spot. It's definitely a gamma right now, not sure if I'd say it's forming a delta too just yet, but you could argue that it does. I'd say there's some potential for flaring here at least, something to keep an eye one.

• Like 1