Question about Type II Radio Emissions

KW2P
Go to solution Solved by Drax Spacex,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-lSti33e0     six metre f2 cw link. 

last cycle even!! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOQ8uRKnstE  and ssb ( I hope) hihi 

For non hams these show why ham radio is so exciting to us.  At times things occur that are completely inexplicable!    Oh yes. thanks Newbie!! 

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the like! I was hoping at least one individual would listen to those two evidently “ impossible” contacts!   Yup they sure do show up occasionally out of the proverbial blue!  All that remains this cycle is a contact to take place between our opposite coasts on Six metre SSB ( voice) via F2 not double hop Es ifya please! Ha! I should be up for the challenge this winter if KW2P is. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
reflections on refractions.
  • Like 1

Update: via pm @KW2Pacceptance of this challenge also means I will have to brush up on my CW ( morse code) skills as this gives us overall the greatest likelihood of a successful QSO ( two way contact) Exciting times for us Hams indeed.  Listen around the lower end of our six meter band ( 50 mhz) for history being made.  Time and date are his decision of course. 
N7ORL from @KW2P haha.  Mike/Hagrid. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

On 7/20/2023 at 8:21 PM, hamateur 1953 said:

Update: via pm @KW2Pacceptance of this challenge also means I will have to brush up on my CW ( morse code) skills as this gives us overall the greatest likelihood of a successful QSO ( two way contact) Exciting times for us Hams indeed.  Listen around the lower end of our six meter band ( 50 mhz) for history being made.  Time and date are his decision of course. 
N7ORL from @KW2P haha.  Mike/Hagrid. 

Hah. I'm sure I could get a microphone working if I had to. The thing is that CW greatly increases the chance of success. It has at least a 12 dB advantage compared to SSB.

We'll see how high the SFI goes. I recently worked Southern California on 10 meters. It was solid with no fading so I suspect it was Es.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

We both win!  The challenge is to those who think it impossible to work F2 coast to coast on six meters with sfi under 250!   Ha!! Btw hamateur 1954 is a lurker. A close friend. Im the wiser and older hamateur 1953. Ha!! 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Several
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1