AR 13315

Ester89

I've been looking at this area for days. It doesn't seem like it's very complex and since no one has mentioned anything about it, I guess it's not really interesting at the moment. But I find pretty impressive how it has developed and how it has grown in such a short time. The only M flare from yesterday came from this area. I have opened this thread because I didn't know where to talk about it, and I would like to know opinions about the region 🙂

• Like 2

It's been growing really nicely the past few days, but so far not really that complex, It has had some small deltas but nothing to get excited about.

Today's growth however is starting to look more promising, a lot more intermixing is starting to happen with more chances for deltas to form now.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ester89 said:

I've been looking at this area for days. It doesn't seem like it's very complex and since no one has mentioned anything about it, I guess it's not really interesting at the moment. But I find pretty impressive how it has developed and how it has grown in such a short time. The only M flare from yesterday came from this area. I have opened this thread because I didn't know where to talk about it, and I would like to know opinions about the region 🙂

Agree that this area has been fun to watch! The overall size is impressive, and on the earth facing disk it’s our best bet for any “doozy” activity, from what I can see, at present. But I’d be willing to bet my hat it won’t pull any stunts until it’s on the far side, like most spots this cycle have done. Teases!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've been watching this spot the last few days as well. Almost made a thread a couple days ago but I'm still a little too new here to be sure of what rises to the level of a thread-worthy sunspot region. Would I be correct in calling this a Beta-Delta?

And sorry, I couldn't help it.

13315_funny.jpg

Edited by cgrant26
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, cgrant26 said:

I've been watching this spot the last few days as well. Almost made a thread a couple days ago but I'm still a little too new here to be sure of what rises to the level of a thread-worthy sunspot region. Would I be correct in calling this a Beta-Delta?

And sorry, I couldn't help it.

13315_funny.jpg

The same happened to me, a few days ago I thought about opening the thread but I'm also new and I wasn't sure.  I'm glad to see that more people were paying attention to this region! 

I just saw it has been classified as Beta-Gamma-Delta, but at the moment I can't see any Delta clearly 🤔 The only delta-like thing I see is the area I'm pointing to, but it's so fuzzy I'm not sure

Screenshot_20230527_210802_Chrome.jpg.eb0269600b11eb0bb25adcc029672fec.jpg

Ps: the resemblance to the squirrel and the nut from ice age is great 🤣

Edited by Ester89
  • Haha 1

14 minuten geleden, Ester89 zei:

I just saw it has been classified as Beta-Gamma-Delta, but at the moment I can't see any Delta clearly 🤔 The only delta-like thing I see is the area I'm pointing to, but it's so fuzzy I'm not sure

No delta indeed, it had one 4-5 hours ago but it’s already vanished unfortunately 😢

the area you circled isn’t one yet but can become interesting if it further develops 

16 minuten geleden, Ester89 zei:

Ps: the resemblance to the squirrel and the nut from ice age is great 🤣

Oh yeah 😂 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ChefyStephie said:

Don’t look now, but she’s grow substantially and is classed beta-gamma-delta. Showboating lol

Yep, and SWL is showing a 50% chance to produce an M flare and 10% chance of an X.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

11 hours ago, mozy said:

Looked better yesterday

“Looked better yesterday” completely in line with the theme of the last week on solar activity, haha.

Haha, but also a lot of 🥹😢😭. M1 this morning almost as impulsive as my little sister 🙃. That said, I’ll take anything at this point, really. Absolutely defeating to come to SWL and see “There is no noteworthy Space Weather right now”.

5 hours ago, Philalethes said:

This small delta is peculiar:

latest.gif

Looks like the region is weakening overall, but that caught my eye, wouldn't expect it to form that close.

I'm sure it will deliver a stunning and magnificent performance on the far side. 🤪