AR 13282

Philalethes

This is perhaps an even more interesting region. Looks like there are a couple of small deltas here, one negative spot sandwiched between two positive ones, and then another small one close to these:

latest.gif

I believe the last two M-flares were both from this one, and it's been producing a fair amount of C-flares too. It's also quite close to the equator, for what that's worth, at around 10-12° N.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Christopher S. said:

This region appears to be rapidly developing. At the current rate it is growing and developing, X-flares should be expected. Of course, until it decides we've paid enough attention to it, and goes quiet until reaching the limb lol.

It seems to have stopped complexifying for now; jinx'd again...

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Christopher S. said:

I've seen spots ebb and flow in their development, much like weather in general. I'm placing my bets on something interesting developing in the gap of the two large spots.

Yeah once It's at the limb you mean ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jesterface23 said:

The strong western magnetic negative polarity strength is causing slight invalid values in SDO's magnetogram imagery

Interesting; because the field is close to flipping?

The comparisons with the m-gram imagery is primarily to reference the polarity of spots anyway, and for that it still seems sufficiently accurate.

32 minutes ago, Scottlarocc E said:

Just wait til we conduct with Uranus. Uranas has been giving the complexity on that side of the sun for months

Sounds extremely speculative.

Feel free to make a thread of its own where you provide evidence for this claim, i.e. a clear and statistically significant relationship between position of sunspot formation and the position of Uranus; otherwise you might as well just be making it up, and can certainly not claim any meaningful connection to the topic of this thread.

On 4/17/2023 at 2:52 PM, Philalethes Bythos said:

Sounds extremely speculative.

Feel free to make a thread of its own where you provide evidence for this claim, i.e. a clear and statistically significant relationship between position of sunspot formation and the position of Uranus; otherwise you might as well just be making it up, and can certainly not claim any meaningful connection to the topic of this thread.

Actually, please don’t make a thread for that, that is no longer permitted on the forums, see this post here. https://community.spaceweatherlive.com/topic/2785-forum-house-keeping

Only post about unproven theories here:  https://community.spaceweatherlive.com/topic/2784-unproven-theories/

• Thanks 1

Given its current longitudinal extension and continued expansion along the horizon, is there a special classification which could be applied to this particular phenomenon?

image.png.b9b0de706a1913430ad8047719fc0aa6.png

It is presenting nicely distinct images per respective AIA band. There are differences in the imagery which I am not expecting to see, perhaps hidden complexity. My bets remain on some fruition once reaching the limb, perhaps a nice goodbye flare nearing X-class. This is simply hope that it does something exciting while earth-side.

There has certainly been some very significant development in the magnetic field in that zone since last rotation. The image below allows comparison between fields in March and April (March on top). AR3282 is currently centred on Carrington longitude 25 and latitude 12N.

AR3282magneticdevelopment.jpg.1e9d17976d1a0b4f99dacf5cf9f26270.jpg

• Like 1