What time does the site run on?

Go to solution Solved by MissNeona,

Ah, well, I guess traditionally, your group is now the fools~

Glad I was able to be who informs your team. 

Obviously could've picked a better/smarter topic for the luls, too. But that's my own personal humour style. To each their own preferences. 

According to a few sources, those who miss the calendar switch became the fishy fools themselves, expired concepts and all that. 

But again, to each their own preferred path and followings. 

I personally prefer as much accuracy as possible and highlighting scientific function, that's why I originally came here. 

But we are all entitled to opinions and feelings. 

9 hours ago, MissNeona said:

But we are all entitled to opinions and feelings. 

You believe you are being humorous, while coming across as dictatorial. You also use line breaks in an obnoxious way. There is no pleasure in reading anything you have typed here from any angle, for me. Not even substance.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Drax Spacex said:

This site runs on space-time of course!

The galactic millenia was up as well as Mayan time frame. Beausoleil~ there's many ways to keep track. 

54 minutes ago, Sam Warfel said:

Don't worry, when you are promoted to admin you'll get to pick topics for jokes

I highly doubt that will ever happen, but I appreciate the humour in the suggestion. :)

10 minutes ago, Christopher S. said:

You believe you are being humorous, while coming across as dictatorial. You also use line breaks in an obnoxious way. There is no pleasure in reading anything you have typed here from any angle, for me. Not even substance.

Unfortunately my autism doesn't permit me to figure out how I come across to others, nor predict how my line breaks are seen via their previous expectations/personal preference. I have noted that you will likely not enjoy my future content, if that helps? I have expected as much so far from the forum. Again, to each their own. I think my jokes are funny, too, I just don't force highlight them on others~ I didn't know I was expected to be enjoyable, I just had points to bring up. Should've warned me, I didn't know I was putting on a show, my musical numbers and designwork is where I put the aesthetically pleasing content. 

• Dislike 1

• Solution

To continue, it definitely not only feels foolish, but insulting, to parade infront of a general audience what only a few can do, while the average, when attempting to apply humour, concepts, etc get treated very differently. I have seen topics get locked, posters ridiculed, and yet, the admins triple down on posts covering the same non-scientific dribble, speaking of an expired concept, figurehead and demonstrating arrogantly capacities only a few on the forum are permitted to exercise. The average person cannot force flag and lock highlighted content to the top for a day to garner attention to their personal opinion of what is amusing, but hey, in a way it was definitely topical to an archetype that was demonstrated. Just kinda rude to keep the joke going for far too long afterwards, that's what makes the casters the fools in my opinion for a long while after this.

It would be nice to see the guidelines be followed that leadership themselves holds others to, but sometimes things seem more dictatorial than logical, depending on perspective. 

Edited by MissNeona
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Miss Neona what are you on about? It was April Fools yesterday. We made a joke, which some people liked and others probably disliked. That's life. It is April 2 now and we clearly put everywhere that this was our April Fools joke. SpaceWeatherLive is our website and we can do whatever we want, including putting up announcements or social media posts promoting our April Fools joke. Same goes for these forums. We own the forums and the website and we moderate it as we see fit. We also appointed Sam as a moderator because he is an excellent member of these forums and thus he also got the rights to moderate these forums. If you disagree with our policy or way of handling things you are free to voice your opinion and leave feedback which we can choose to listen to or to ignore... because this is our website. If any of this is a problem, we might not be the website for you. I am sorry you feel this way but hope you can at least forgive us and we can move our differences aside and live happily ever after. 🥰

EDIT: ... and yes... for me April Fools runs until midnight April 2, not noon April 1. 😁

Edited by Marcel de Bont
  • Like 2
  • Cool 1

Surprisingly, I have no hard feelings, just stating, as clearly as possible, why it was awfully fishy, something about observers in a round table and unfairness to the court they try to serve, or actors on a stage playing roles, it's just traditional banter at the Fools who I thought were supposed to be funny. I was celebrating the occasion by showing the logic behind why, for many, the joke ends when it is supposed to, and why the title is distributed to those who drag the show on for too long. For some reason I had the feeling that this was tied to your works/employment as well. I try not to visit the forum portion too often because emotions seem to cloud open mindedness, it feels like it's mostly for fluffery between friends and I wouldn't make the cut for a variety of reasons. I just like placing information, making points, articulating interesting concepts and getting information. I don't mean to offend those who get sensitive to other ideas, expressions or aethetic demonstrations that go against groupthink. I prefer the data sections, I just happen to also like dropping details where they ought to go, hopefully you'll understand that it's all fun, games, expression and that I actually care about scientifically backed, logical arguments that matter. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

But they said it was a joke...

plus idk how it is rude.. it's harmless

I tried to explain, that I didn't see any harm, I was just calling those who pushed forward the joke the fishy fools, for, that's the point of the holiday. They duped themselves by going over timelimit, and showcasing an archetype of money worshipping elitism that made them acting out of their own ruleset to fluff the ego of the brotherhood, that's why it was funny. I just wanted to call them out on the rules cause they went against their own guidelines for the forum they hold others to, and also the April fool's key concepts, which is the laughable part. Especially with the totemic archetypes they called attention to, it was quite the display of outdated/expired concepts, like shooting rockets into space that isn't theirs, but ego says they can, it's like wearing the name of 5th degree satanists on the forehead yet saying they're christ-like. Sleight of hand tomfoolery. Then the group think came in response to clarify they don't adhere to time norms, justification of behaviours, added patronization and criticized aestherics by being also unappealing. It was an amusing demonstration, is what I am getting at. Quite the theatrics. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2