Scott McIntosh says Solar Max is close

Patrick P.A. Geryl

Thanks for this info, Patrick. I'll be sorry to see it end so soon if that's what's happening. It certainly has tamed down the past week or two, but I have been hoping that that was just transitory in nature and not a changeover to activity beginning to reduce. If we do have more time (ie. "< 12 months to max") then maybe some more big fireworks yet to come - which is what I hope for. This is my first cycle, and I've only been monitoring it about a year, so I have a lot to learn. Appreciate the info you put up here!

Marc 

• Like 1

Also, it's all prediction models based on what has been seen, but there is always a chance for extended maxima depending on what schools of thought the information/sources come from.

I really enjoy collating many forms to make my predictions, and it seems like it has potential to be an anomaly in many forms. 

I like the concept of the extended energetic period, just depends on how the sun keeps feeding itself to release outputs. But I've heard there isn't a next of k'in, that this one might be sticking around for a long while once it gets up to full demonstrative capacity. 

As always, we shall see what transpires. 

• Confused 2

I calculate about a year to first max, to me butterfly diagram are very indicative of cycle progression,

(I followed the previous cycle in a spanish meteorological forum, mainly in that two threads:

https://foro.tiempo.com/sunspot-number-0-t88339.0.html

https://foro.tiempo.com/manchas-solaressunspots-seguimiento-del-ciclo-solar-links-en-primer-post-t114440.0.html

)

• Like 1