BROR sounding rocket launch LIVE from Kiruna, Sweden

Marcel de Bont
Go to solution Solved by MatejGrek,

Yeah, model soundings seemed to give a 0.01/99.99 chance of a launch with added directional wind shear and 70kt jet stream overhead.

Apparently the 23rd is the last day? The low to mid-level wind patterns seem like it may be fairly calm. The upper level winds may end it though.

Edited by Jesterface23

They extended the campaign to include today as the weather forecast is looking really really good tonight. I am not sure if I can live stream tonight however. I will do my best but I might not be able to do it tonight.

The launch window March 23 = 19.23-19.38 local time.

7 hours ago, Marcel de Bont said:

I was not home yet when they launched unfortunately but they launched right into a sub storm. I did see the blue clouds but they were hard to spot with the naked eye, unless I missed them when they we're at their brightest.

How detrimental was this to the actual scientific investigations they were doing it for? It's naturally sad to miss a nice sight, but I assume their priority would be the experiment and the data.

On 3/23/2023 at 4:11 AM, Marcel de Bont said:

They extended the campaign to include today as the weather forecast is looking really really good tonight. I am not sure if I can live stream tonight however. I will do my best but I might not be able to do it tonight.

The launch window March 23 = 19.23-19.38 local time.

Where to find the part of the broadcast with the launch and the blue orbs? Unfortunately, the video of the live broadcast no longer shows this moment, only the last 12 hours are displayed there. Thank you. 

Op 24/3/2023 om 04:09, Philalethes Bythos zei:

How detrimental was this to the actual scientific investigations they were doing it for? It's naturally sad to miss a nice sight, but I assume their priority would be the experiment and the data.

I don't think it hampered them in any way, they did not mention it at least. The real sub storm explosion was a bit after the launch. Such a bummer I could not live stream it and only saw a little bit of the launch when the clouds were already dissipating I'm really bummed about it haha.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2023 at 8:12 PM, Philalethes Bythos said:

Here's a clip someone uploaded of the orbs:

ahh so thats what it was! I was watching on the sodankyla cam as we had cloud nonsense here & spotted the blue, screen shotted it for a FB group I run. beautiful. 

Screenshot - 2023-03-23T230907.834b.jpg

• Like 3