AR 13226

Philalethes

If it keeps growing at this phase, I bet it's gonna do something cool, I would like to see more intermixing & growth in the middle though, at the moment the opposite polarities are going their own separate ways.

Edited by mozy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Philalethes Bythos said:

Couple of M-flares, has been growing fast, not far from forming a small delta; worthy of its own thread, I guess, in case it does something cool.

I love to see growth on the eastern half of the sun! 

The eastern half of the AR is interesting, it has one of those ring forms, which I think may often happen in complex sunspots. That being said, the ring is all negative, I don’t see any complexity or intermixing there at the moment 

Edited by Sam Warfel
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sam Warfel said:

I love to see growth on the eastern half of the sun! 

The eastern half of the AR is interesting, it has one of those ring forms, which I think may often happen in complex sunspots. That being said, the ring is all negative, I don’t see any complexity or intermixing there at the moment 

Interesting observation; haven't paid attention to that type of structure in the regions before, but I'll be sure to look out in the future.

As of now, a small delta has formed in the place I was looking at previously (marked with the black rectangle below), and there are signs of another small one forming (marked with the purple rectangle below):

imageedit-3-2686005285.gif

Also marked are the small positive spots in the green rectangle, which are almost connecting to delta in black; if they get squeezed together somehow they could form a larger delta, but due to their position I wouldn't bank on it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mozy said:

Cmon Mr. Delta, you can do it...

That delta just strengthened a bit, it really does look ready to pop. Still pretty small relatively speaking, but here's hoping it'll burst right as it passes the prime meridian.

Edited by Philalethes Bythos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam Warfel said:

It does look like a pretty small delta, maybe that’s why it’s not flaring

Yep, it's almost gone now. When we wrote the posts earlier the positive spot had a much stronger umbra, and was a bit larger too. Oh well, another region bites the dust it seems like (only to later be revived at the limb of disappointment, of course).