Our sun visits the psychiatrist

hamateur 1953
Go to solution Solved by Archmonoth,

So, what brings you in today?  Need a refill on your medications?

Nah Doc, Im just frigging sick of making all these elements of the periodic table!!  What recognition do I get? Huh?? 🙄. I’m getting tired of this and need to blow off some steam. Any suggestions Doc?? 

Well you are building up some iron 56 in your core, hows about a coronal mass ejection or two?? 

Great idea Doc!!! Ok. Will get started on this asap!! 

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

27 minutes ago, Sam Warfel said:

Fun chart, thanks for posting. 

Nice to see it in periodic table form. 

Yeah, I was very happy when I found this, brought a bit more clarity to exactly how the process works, rather than just "forged by a star". Also, you can easily find a larger resolution image online. Here is a link with a reddit post with a larger image: 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Archmonoth said:

Yeah, I was very happy when I found this, brought a bit more clarity to exactly how the process works, rather than just "forged by a star". Also, you can easily find a larger resolution image online. Here is a link with a reddit post with a larger image: 

THAT is very cool! Thanks! I'm gonna send it to my brother-in-law. He got his degree in Chemical Eng at Illinois about 100 years ago. Should bring back some fond memories. Actually I doubt he knows the source of the elements any more than I did. He'll love it!  :)\

• Like 2

As usual, Ya never know just where excellent information may come from!  Naturally with his BOOM I had to look up exploding white dwarfs. Fascinating.  heck I knew of our suns eventual demise. Never would have imagined it could blast itself apart without stealing some mass or something!  way cool Archmonoth!   added information 

on my way to the exploding white dwarfs I couldn’t help but notice  “ exploding kittens”  This unrelated fact was not lost on Hagrid who called it out immediately!” nuff said!  

Edited by hamateur 1953
exploding kittens
  • Like 2