Time lapse from SDO - 133 days, 70,000 images

WildWill

Welcome back WW. Heck ya gave us a scare up in Western Washington!  Glad ya surfaced. Mike/ Hagrid   Sorry,  Hagrid gave your dog Alex the paw, well Hagrid is a killer by definition no accountability at all 🤣🤣

18 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Welcome back WW. Heck ya gave us a scare up in Western Washington!  Glad ya surfaced. Mike/ Hagrid   Sorry,  Hagrid gave your dog Alex the paw, well Hagrid is a killer by definition no accountability at all 🤣🤣

The “paw” is the equivalent of a middle finger “ the bird” etc in the states for our international community.  

Edited by hamateur 1953

2 hours ago, WildWill said:

Love how the news article says they “pointed it at the sun for 133 days” like it’s a normal space telescope, they don’t know it’s been pointed at the sun since it launched and doesn’t look at anything else 🤣

42 minutes ago, Sam Warfel said:

Love how the news article says they “pointed it at the sun for 133 days” like it’s a normal space telescope, they don’t know it’s been pointed at the sun since it launched and doesn’t look at anything else 🤣

Really?  This is what I read

"NASA released a mesmerizing, 133-day timelapse of the sun that shows the stellar activity from Aug. 12 through Dec. 22, 2022. The timelapse is comprised of tens of thousands of individual photographs taken by NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO), which has been focused on the sun for nearly 13 years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, 3gMike said:

"NASA released a mesmerizing, 133-day timelapse of the sun that shows the stellar activity from Aug. 12 through Dec. 22, 2022. The timelapse is comprised of tens of thousands of individual photographs taken by NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO), which has been focused on the sun for nearly 13 years. 

Funny about that 3g that’s what I read too! It is very beautiful and awe inspiring! Hats off to all their hard work, so we can reap the benefits. 😊

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 3gMike said:

Ditto 3gMike,

I was about to post the same quote from the brief article…

Near the beginning, Min’s anemone is visible. And AR13088 and AR13089 right there on either side. I haven’t gone much past recognizing those in their August appearance. I am interested to see how Min’s anemone evolved and how long it actually lasted along with the associated coronal hole. I think in Oct, 3g confirmed the location as the remnant location for me after I noticed it again. 

While this may not seem all that thrilling to some, it represents a lot more work than just going to the archives and “stitching” the days together. There’s a tremendous amount of “clean up” required to produce something this “clean” and smooth, and without gaps. Download a couple of days of images from any of the archive viewers (or the data) and run it. You’ll find a lot of stuff that needs to be cleaned, and a lot of mk 1 mod 0 eyeball work as well as coding… That team should be very proud of this product, I hope they are! 

There are a couple of other interesting features and phenomena that I want to check out with the time lapse. In fact, I thought I’d do the first run all the way through on the big screen with some loud Blue Oyster Cult going in the background while I go through and pull some of my drawings and pics from the fall… 

In case ya haven’t figured it out, I think this is a pretty darn cool tool! A tool which I hope to utilize a great deal. Glad I didn’t have to do all this myself. I was just thinking I’d like to have a few months of H-a time lapse to watch. In particular right now, for Ellerman Bomb Clusters as well as what appears to be faculae getting lit off by Ellerman Bombs. I noticed this the other day around two of the ARs. Either faculae or possibly small filaments. I wish they would do the same in H-a next… 

All Y’all Have Ya A Good’un!

Will

2 hours ago, Jesterface23 said:

The video they refer to,

Hey thanks! I meant to post this link as well. 
-Will

• Like 3

15 uren geleden, Sam Warfel zei:

It was said in the linked video rather than the written article 

The linked video in the article indeed has that mistake. 

19 uren geleden, Jesterface23 zei:

The video they refer to,

now that’s some sweet footage, and I love the detailed views on AR. Much better than on helioviewer

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy All Y'all!

NASA recently released this video clip. It's all 133 days compressed into two minutes! It's pretty cool, check it out

All y'all have ya a good one!

Will

Howdy Again, but here is another video from NASA...

This is a 25 year Timelapse of LASCO C3. 

check  it out! This actually came out for SOHO's 25th birthday a couple of years ago...

have ya a good one!

Will

Edited by WildWill
  • Like 2