a question about news

Isatsuki San

4 hours ago, Isatsuki San said:

YIt is seen a lot of news that the core of the earth changed direction and that affects the magnetic field. I want to ask what it affects in space weather?

The core swing happens roughly every 70 years. It might cause magnetic turbulence, but it happens with enough frequency, I doubt it would change any space weather. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Archmonoth said:

The core swing happens roughly every 70 years. It might cause magnetic turbulence, but it happens with enough frequency, I doubt it would change any space weather. 

Thanks for answering, it seemed strange to me that no one says that this happened before, and that they only say about the study now

5 hours ago, Isatsuki San said:

Thanks for answering, it seemed strange to me that no one says that this happened before, and that they only say about the study now

The study and information are new, claiming it has happened before, in fact every 35 years, causing a 70-year cycle.

Accepting that the core has flipped, means accepting that their period of 70 years is also true, since both facts/information are part of the same study. Unless there is reason to doubt a part of the study? 

Edited by Archmonoth