Review of Solar Activity - 2022

3gMike

Given it will take some time to collate all data I thought I would initially review the sources of X flares.

We had 7 X flares, arising from 5 spots. Recorded values were in the range X1 to X2.2, but  4 were either behind, or close to, a limb. Most were observed in April and May.

321805842_FlareStatistics_2022.jpg.3b540fcd98a4cdca69dd671698e6a64b.jpg

Additional data for individual spots can be found at http://helio.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/hec/hec_gui_free.php?sql=select+*+from+noaa_active_region_summary+where+nar%3D12975

• Cool 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my daily Silso/ISN plot for all of 2022 , clearly showing a 27day (+/-) Carrington rotation when there were more Sunspots on the Earth facing disk than at other times. A second peak of daily SN developed in the final third of the year .

2022 SN Silso.png

• Like 3

excellent! would love to prank my cardiologist and walk in with this! 🤣🤣

On 2/3/2023 at 8:13 AM, Bean said:

Here is my daily Silso/ISN plot for all of 2022 , clearly showing a 27day (+/-) Carrington rotation when there were more Sunspots on the Earth facing disk than at other times. A second peak of daily SN developed in the final third of the year .

2022 SN Silso.png