CME

MinYoongi

4 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Here we see a fast NW ejection.

To me it looks :

1. Very narrow.

2. Too far north and too far west.

so is OP tripping about a possible impact, or am I stubborn?

That looked veeerry narrow to me, don’t see any halo on LASCO difference imagery, but LASCO might not have the full imagery yet, so it’s possible there is and we can’t see it yet. I’m highly dubious though 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sam Warfel said:

That looked veeerry narrow to me, don’t see any halo on LASCO difference imagery, but LASCO might not have the full imagery yet, so it’s possible there is and we can’t see it yet. I’m highly dubious though 

I highly doubt it too, and i dont see how much further it could expand to have a earth directed component. thanks for your opinion!

also noaa didnt mention anything about this cme in their latest forecast.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hypothetically an Ar once listed in the discussion thread could be hotlinked to the recent events.  Then navigating should prove easier. But hey no software dude here.  Hardware and telescopes and the like. just another vague probably useless idea.   for example: once it became clear that 3213 was rockin I essentially closed 3214 for now. nothing yet noteworthy.  later perhaps but no deltas so far. 

1 hour ago, Sam Warfel said:

This thread feels confusing. Discussion of CMEs should take place in the thread pertaining to the AR from which it was launched. However, I wonder if we could have some sort of CME alert thread…

Filaments have their own thread pinned topic if that relates to their CMEs. Maybe if there is a Solar Activity sub-forum for ARs and other things? Trying to think of different ways of organization.

More thinking... Far-side Activity,

Edited by Jesterface23

6 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

See 3213 for some legit cmes coming our way soon ( we hope) 

Boy, you called it on this one! Fun afternoon watching one M* after another for several hours - mostly at 3213. And maybe it's not done with this collection of big flares from this sunspot. 

10 minutes ago, marc-pdx said:

Boy, you called it on this one! Fun afternoon watching one M* after another for several hours - mostly at 3213. And maybe it's not done with this collection of big flares from this sunspot. 

Thanks mark!   used all mah reactions or id throw ya a like   The situation was incredible  no sooner had I finished posting 3214 and im replying to newbie on a pm and im watching background flux rocket up!   WHAT??!!  this has now happened twice to me!! hilarious!!! Of course it was 3213 going nutso!! not the big sucker 3214!  ya just never know forshore!  

All the credit for this belongs properly to Arjemma who spotted that delta then circled it for us delta confused kids of which I am definitely one!  Bravo to her!! 

• Like 3