Region 3191

MinYoongi

4 minutes ago, mozy said:

Looks eruptive aswell, think it may have a decent CME

To me it didn’t look eruptive at all. Where and which angstrom are you looking? Is the trajectory good and we may get a glancing blow? Sadly i have problems with sdo.

3 minutes ago, SpaceWeather5464 said:

Slow flare too

possible proton event soon?

Possible but the m4 didn’t gave us one I think so maybe this won’t 

I see some ejecta in 193 angstroms now, or rather the dimming. I don’t see anything in 304 though and I don’t know if the region is still to close to the limb. Opinions?

Update : i was really excited cuz I thought lasco updated but it’s just the previous CME 💔

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

To me it didn’t look eruptive at all. Where and which angstrom are you looking? Is the trajectory good and we may get a glancing blow? Sadly i have problems with sdo.

Look at Angstroms 195. There is not much plasma ejecta, per say, but there is an expansive area of coronal material being lifted directly off the equator. It likely does not contain an earth directed component, but would be a spectacular storm if it had done this later next week

Just now, Landon Moeller said:

Look at Angstroms 195. There is not much plasma ejecta, per say, but there is an expansive area of coronal material being lifted directly off the equator. It likely does not contain an earth directed component, but would be a spectacular storm if it had done this later next week

I sadly can’t see it because SDO won’t let me watch sequences with my iphone.

can you explain more about the not much ejecta but „coronal material“ stuff? ☺️ and why do you think there’s no earth directed part? I know the Parker spiral does not apply here since it’s the east limb but maybe trajectory or expansion ?

Just now, Jesterface23 said:

It's another long duration flare that launched a CME. This CME seems a bit more eruptive than the 3182 CME.

Thanks for your expertise and opinion jester ! ☘️☺️ Please let me know about speed and stuff, I remember you nailing that a few times in the past!

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

I sadly can’t see it because SDO won’t let me watch sequences with my iphone.

can you explain more about the not much ejecta but „coronal material“ stuff? ☺️ and why do you think there’s no earth directed part? I know the Parker spiral does not apply here since it’s the east limb but maybe trajectory or expansion ?

Thanks for your expertise and opinion jester ! ☘️☺️ Please let me know about speed and stuff, I remember you nailing that a few times in the past!

Loop GOES SUVI here: https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/goes-solar-ultraviolet-imager-suvi#

There may be just enough expansion to affect the near earth environment, but it’s a wait and see. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Landon Moeller said:

Loop GOES SUVI here: https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/goes-solar-ultraviolet-imager-suvi#

There may be just enough expansion to affect the near earth environment, but it’s a wait and see. 

One more question, what exactly is a radio emission? I know what they look like on a radiogram and I’ve seen 3 being produced by this flare / CME. Are their speeds indicative of the CME speed in any way? They’re all so slow.

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

One more question, what exactly is a radio emission? I know what they look like on a radiogram and I’ve seen 3 being produced by this flare / CME. Are their speeds indicative of the CME speed in any way? They’re all so slow.

That is beyond me. Haha

1 minute ago, Landon Moeller said:

That is beyond me. Haha

No problem, haha! Thank you for the notch to suvi. I try to use Solardemon too for dinmings and euv waves but I need more practice and experience, there wasn’t anything to practice with when the Solarcycle started 😃