Live YouTube aurora stream 13 January 2023

Marcel de Bont

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Marcel

Thanks for the Stream! We arrived that day (Jan. 13th) at Tromsø Airport at 18:00LCL with very windy and cloudy weather.
The Pilot reported some snow earlier during the flight, but the showers left the region when we landed.

After taking our baggage we took the city bus for a 12 minute ride to our hotel down at the harbour side.
As we arrived at the harbour, the clouds opened a little and we got the first lights already in the middle of Tromsø city itself!!

The following week was very good as well and I got a lot of shots during the daily and nightly minibus tours until we left again
Jan 21st.

Regards, Chris

Shot with a Samsung Galaxy S21 😉 (the EOS R and tripod were still in the baggage at that time)

1555704120_20230113_235508(2)kl.thumb.jpg.9bfdbb4918a8c7558ca8a02542556a0a.jpg

Thanks Marcel, I watch your channel often and appreciate the views of the aurora. Do you or any visitors ever feel any physical affect from geomagnetic disturbance? Headache, tinnitus, etc… I fancy a trip North to see the aurora with my own eyes, but have a hypersensitivity condition that makes me feel things others aren’t aware of (ASD).

17 uren geleden, Chris, HB9DFG zei:

Hi Marcel

That is awesome to hear. Great story! Well done!

1 uur geleden, David Silver zei:

Thanks Marcel, I watch your channel often and appreciate the views of the aurora. Do you or any visitors ever feel any physical affect from geomagnetic disturbance? Headache, tinnitus, etc… I fancy a trip North to see the aurora with my own eyes, but have a hypersensitivity condition that makes me feel things others aren’t aware of (ASD).

Thank you David. The only effects I and other people I know have experienced from seeing aurora are not physical. I only heard of mental effects. The feelings of sheer joy and awe are often experienced during brilliant aurora displays. Hope this answers your question.

• Like 1