Mechanical sympathy and inanimate objects

hamateur 1953
Go to solution Solved by hamateur 1953,
Message added by Sam Warfel,

This thread was a joke by Hamateur. I locked the topic as the joke is now over, to help prevent future confusion. 

Because this is such an unusual subject, I decided to post my research in this subsection. 

Research is ongoing, I plan to write about my unusual observations regarding 60 hz power very soon.  In europe it would be 50hz of course, but the research should still apply.  Mike. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Because this is such an unusual subject, I decided to post my research in this subsection. 

Research is ongoing, I plan to write about my unusual observations regarding 60 hz power very soon.  In europe it would be 50hz of course, but the research should still apply.  Mike. 

I shall look forward to that.

Thanks!  Obscure science needs all the followers it can draw!!

The observations aren’t only mine, many others have observed over the years that household appliances invariably fail in groups of three.  

This irritated me and untold others , so I put on my foil hat and started the Society For The Unknown or the acronym STFU.   My associates abandoned me shortly afterwards, dunno why just yet, but I digress…..

Basically, I decided the appliances were somehow communicating amongst themselves. 

So late one night with a stethoscope in hand I crept up to my washer…. Aha!! It was humming and at exactly 60hz verification by audio generator and zero-beating the audio.  ( actually possible) ok. so now at least I know the carrier frequency!  But the data stream took a lot longer. more later

• Like 2

patience, my good man. In due time.  Has to do with resonance as a teaser.  

The formula for resonance is: a mess of one over two pi times the square root of LC where L: inductance and C capacitance.   So they MIGHT be resonating perhaps on a harmonic of 60 hz even.   Nope.    They only conspired in evenings during full moons when the KP levels were below five as I discovered eventually.   Also ruling out solar flux as a possible trigger.  So I attached sensitive data recorders to all appliances to try to catch them in the act so to speak.  more later. 

At this point in the spirit of full disclosure, At the beginning of my investigation I was about fifteen yrs old and not just experimenting but performing a large-scale investigation of hallucinogenic drugs, LSD in particular. 

2 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Basically, I decided the appliances were somehow communicating amongst themselves. 

They are, as are most electronic devices. The new language of communication is called IPV6, here is the wiki on what it is: IPv6 - Wikipedia

If you want a more meta-analysis of the communication this wiki is a good place to start Internet of things - Wikipedia 

I don't know if this was exactly what you are talking about, but there is an exchange of information going on between appliances. 

At this point in the spirit of full disclosure, At the beginning of my investigation I was about fifteen yrs old and not just experimenting but performing a large-scale investigation of hallucinogenic drugs, LSD in particular.   Hilarious because the post is nearly all bull. 
Damn. technological advances stole my humor. only in these days of self-driving cars that have ignored me on two separate occasions!  Personally id seek and destroy an intrusive device like that.  We actually pay to be surveilled these days.  I forgot how stupid society has become, excuse my lapses please! 

Primarily I was referring to Alexa.  We are viewed as consumers of course. But when people cannot find their drs office without using gps it doesn’t look good kids.  especially when gps is rendered useless by CMEs.  If you don’t use it, you lose it. A definite reality. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
double posted

Is there a transformer in your appliance. If so less likely the moon and more just the transformers magnetic field (i believe) "buzzing" they do it near bigger ones a lot. My old grow lights are so loud because those things are 1500W. They should hum at 60 hz if you think about it. If you run a camera and face the light it would likely also flicker at about 60 hz. 

Edited by Cronus

• Solution
11 minutes ago, Cronus said:

Is there a transformer in your appliance. If so less likely the moon and more just the transformers magnetic field (i believe) "buzzing" they do it near bigger ones a lot. My old grow lights are so loud because those things are 1500W. They should hum at 60 hz if you think about it. If you run a camera and face the light it would likely also flicker at about 60 hz. 

I was having some fun actually.   I was a bit too close to reality to make the satire obvious. Naturally, I used my experience with electrical devices to add to the silliness.  However when Archenoth brought me back to present day reality, the real joke was on me!  Who very rarely needs gps to drive anywhere particularly if I have been there before.  Id completely forgotten about communicating appliances, primarily because I have a good memory and sure don’t want my refrigerator bitching at me about its problems 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1