AR 13163

Philalethes

4 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

It certainly looks good, can the middle mish.mash be considered a Delta?

Seems like indications of one at least, but the umbrae are still a bit weak, and there's not really any penumbra behind the negative part of it.

latest.gif

Let's hope for some more mixing.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Philalethes Bythos said:

Seems like indications of one at least, but the umbrae are still a bit weak, and there's not really any penumbra behind the negative part of it.

latest.gif

Let's hope for some more mixing.

Thank you, as always the gif is greatly appreciated.

The Region is currently lacking activity - but looking at 3165 which is perma-flaring and glowing like a radioactive glowstick :D it doesnt look THAT complex, what makes it flare so much more?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

I dont know if it has a good delta or not, im not good with many-spot regions. 

Nah, the delta is barely even worth noting, so far it's just been kinda existing, no action really.

But it could change real quick as we've seen with regions ^^

31 minutes ago, Philalethes Bythos said:

Apparently one of the M-class flares from yesterday (M2.1) was produced by this region. Not much to report since then, but there's still some mixing and still a tiny indication of a delta.

So its still a not good delta like @mozy said? Why is that, not big? No shear? 

I'm baffled at how 3165 can keep gattling gunning those flares out.

34 minutes ago, Philalethes Bythos said:

Apparently one of the M-class flares from yesterday (M2.1) was produced by this region. Not much to report since then, but there's still some mixing and still a tiny indication of a delta.

ah also, any indications of a CME launched with it?

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

So its still a not good delta like @mozy said? Why is that, not big? No shear? 

If I read them correctly, I believe they said the delta wasn't particularly good; "barely even worth noting", to quote them verbatim. It's pretty much the same now, hardly worth nothing, only a tiny indication of one. As for shear that is hard to measure directly as far as I'm aware (if anyone knows and tools or data for this, I'd be all ears), but if it did give off a M2.1 there must probably be some shear in the region somewhere, possibly in that tiny delta-ish area.

4 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

any indications of a CME launched with it?

Doesn't seem like it; most of the flaring has been quite impulsive, and that tends to not bring about any CMEs. There was talk in the other thread about a more sustained flare from 3165, but that one's almost at the limb now anyway.

• Like 1

Just checked, the delta isn't much worth to talk about cuz it's tiny but to me it looks like the region might be able to produce another minor M-class flare. If it further develops, some more deltas could form as there is some extra mixing of polarities but not yet with spots.

In case you look for the delta, here it is:

image.png

• Like 2