Region 3157

MinYoongi

19 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Not that active though, shear looks to be minimal imo

Why do you think shear looks minimal? There is emerging flux and spot rotation/movement in the AR (the latter is most notable in the delta region), so IMO moderate shear could be possible.

15 hours ago, Trestan said:

Why do you think shear looks minimal? There is emerging flux and spot rotation/movement in the AR (the latter is most notable in the delta region), so IMO moderate shear could be possible.

agreed

the unsuspected

ghosting the viewer

waits in anticipation

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

lack of activity.

Yes.  Lack of activity.  I was hopeful when that little delta spot was taking shape. At that time the spot was showing a rapid uptick in c-flare activity and otherwise rapid growth.  That said, it has kind of flatlined in activity since, though its magnetic structure still looks somewhat interesting.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

we are for the most part I believe, hard core 

fans of high-end M class flares and X class flares, with associated CMEs or filament eruptions. Not that your observations don’t warrant notation.  The bigger, the better so to speak ( or text!) 

I think this GOES without saying 😉. Just showing that the region is still active to some degree.

Speaking of which, the delta remnant appears to be erupting again (though no elevation in GOES long wave) along with a filament on the western edge of the AR.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Trestan said:

I think this GOES without saying 😉. Just showing that the region is still active to some degree.

Speaking of which, the delta remnant appears to be erupting again (though no elevation in GOES long wave) along with a filament on the western edge of the AR.

loved your play on my observations 🤣. bravo!!