KP Index

Andrey M
Go to solution Solved by Vancanneyt Sander,

The Kp data looks way off at the moment, showing 9+ throughout the 11th and peaks at 7 in the 12th and 13th.

Surely this is a glitch, right?

Edit: I've noted that about an hour ago an update was deployed to the Kp charts. Perhaps this update has something to do with the way the chart looks if it is indeed a glitch.

Edited by Xavier Stanton
Extra info

I posted a question about this a few minutes ago.

I feel as though this has to be a glitch. But I'm not an expert on what could cause these charts to glitch despite instances of said glitches occurring before.

Edit: Maybe the deployed update to the Kp charts caused a glitch? Again, I'm not an expert but just a thought.

Edited by Xavier Stanton
Extra info

2 hours ago, NEAurora said:

Is this KP-index good enough to see the aurora?  Should I wait for it to get a bit higher? 

62A2E06F-6DA8-4E25-B4AF-C70D80FC1117.jpeg

What the heck 😂

Uninstall that app, it’s clearly broken or something! KP is a scale from 0-9, where 9 is an extreme storm. The actual KP right now is 1. 

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

15 minutes ago, Orneno said:

What the heck 😂

Uninstall that app, it’s clearly broken or something! KP is a scale from 0-9, where 9 is an extreme storm. The actual KP right now is 1. 

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

This seemed like the appropriate thread for glitchy KP indices, the app is usually fine, I’m wondering if they having a sudden issue with the decimal point placement in the kp data.

Edited by NEAurora

8 uren geleden, NEAurora zei:

This seemed like the appropriate thread for glitchy KP indices, the app is usually fine, I’m wondering if they having a sudden issue with the decimal point placement in the kp data.

the source data had a breaking change for ALL apps and websites that used it! We resolved it very quickly but others aren't