AR 13140

Philalethes

8 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

why? it has 2 polaritys?

Where is the negative polarity? The surrounding negative field has some rather negligible blips as far as I can tell, it looks quite unipolar to me; pretty much all alpha spots will tend to have a weak surrounding field of the opposite polarity.

9 minutes ago, Philalethes Bythos said:

Where is the negative polarity? The surrounding negative field has some rather negligible blips as far as I can tell, it looks quite unipolar to me; pretty much all alpha spots will tend to have a weak surrounding field of the opposite polarity.

86b939a1a0edeed1f2a023f3b910387f.png

do you imply those two are alphas?

11 hours ago, Newbie said:

AR13140  is now unipolar losing both of its small negative polarity spots. It's classification now reflects the change.

N.

Ironically there now seems to be hints of a negative polarity emerging again, while there was virtually none when I started the thread. Still seems like a relatively boring region overall, not expecting much. Preparing to watch it and 13141 move past the limb and go back to watching Sol quietly prepare for the fireworks we are due.

• Like 1