I am writing a college assignment on ICT's and...

Adi
Go to solution Solved by Vancanneyt Sander,

I would like to know if Coronal Mass Ejections have ever impacted communication devices or any ICT's ever before? If so I would love to know of some examples so that I can add them to my assignment, I will give you credit if you can point me towards such examples. 

ict assignment.PNG

• Solution

Why don’t you investigate the biggest geomagnetic storm of recent modern times: the Halloween storms of 2003. Besides some damage to the electric grid, some satellites lost and others damaged and Aurora that could be seen in Spain it was the biggest storm of recent modern age.
But for your home ICT equipment there isn’t anything going on, earth is protected by the magnetosphere. Unless you live below the Van Allen belt ICT equipment is safe. Modern GPS systems also have built in corrections so that the deviation during geomagnetic storms isn’t huge.