CMEs and geomagnetic storming ×

AR3119 Growth

Landon Moeller

image.thumb.jpeg.615206a87688c80a00e681ac8ac0b6ef.jpeg

Not sure if this is worth a new topic, but thought I’d note the rapid growth in AR3119 in the northern hemisphere of the earth facing disk, east of 3112. The growth can be seen in these images over the last 60 hours. Today there has been notable consolidation in the trailer spots, and new development in the southern intermediate region. A couple C flares today as well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Landon Moeller said:

Not sure if this is worth a new topic, but thought I’d note the rapid growth in AR3119 in the northern hemisphere of the earth facing disk, east of 3112. The growth can be seen in these images over the last 60 hours. Today there has been notable consolidation in the trailer spots, and new development in the southern intermediate region. A couple C flares today as well

At the moment 40% C/ 5 % M/ 1% X / 1% Proton. Hopefully it continues to grow!

N.

Edited by Newbie
  • Like 2

like watching a horizontal lava lamp 

and it took quite a while to load

and even more for the two horizontal panels to sync

but, like waiting for water to boil

is it the phase change at the boiling point

that makes it senseless to watch any further?

8 hours ago, Genie said:

and it took quite a while to load

Yeah, the gifs are getting pretty large at that point, but compressing them sort of ruins the point of having them in the highest resolution in the first place (1024x1024 movies are already available for the entirety of the disc from JSOC). Those two are ~30 MB and ~20 MB respectively, and the bigger gifs I've cropped them from are 10 times that size in turn (and that's still only roughly 1/8 of the entire original 4096x4096 images). I could probably compress them a little, maybe use webm instead of gif too. In the future I think I'll probably stick to automatically uploading them to Google Drive like I'm doing with the latest transition gifs anyway, so that anyone who wants can access them there instead of hogging bandwidth from anyone loading the thread pages.

8 hours ago, Genie said:

even more for the two horizontal panels to sync

Yeah, that's a bit silly. As per the above, if I make similar in the future, I'll probably merge the images beforehand so it ends up as a single synchronized one.

Well as others must have noticed by now, it appears to be dying.  We await some real action Mr Sun!!  Get that southern hemisphere back up. Whatever it takes,

On 10/10/2022 at 6:01 AM, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Let’s go. Finally some action. 

Sometimes it can be. Other times it’s just out of the blue and you’re like: holy crap. Where did this come from?

big guy.